uncomfirmed paypal address?

Midnite Mick
Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Are there any risks to shipping an item to an uncomfirmed paypal address?

Thanks,
Mike
Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
Consonance cd120T
Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
Post edited by Midnite Mick on

Comments

• rainman31
    rainman31 Posts: 76
    edited February 2008
    Are there any risks to shipping an item to an uncomfirmed paypal address?

Thanks,
    Mike

When I buy using paypal, the reason I have them shipped to a different address is because I live in a condo and have had packages stolen off my porch. So I have them shipped to a friends house. This would make my address unconfirmed. But where your bill goes is the confirmed address.

7.2 Set Up
    Onkyo 805
    X-Box
    3DO
    PS3
    Velodyne DPS10 sub
    Polk Audio 2- RTI 12's
    Polk Audio CSI 5
    Polk Audio 4- FXI 5's
    Pronto 7500 LCD remote
    Gefen HD video 1080p scaler
    Mitsubishi TV 73927 1080p

Future purchase Rotel RMB 1095 200x5 THX
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited February 2008
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Yes, the buyer can claim they never recieved it because it's not their confirmed paypal address and paypal might withdraw the funds from your account.

If this was to happen would this not be an insurance issue.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    There's some "seller protection" that you lose if you don't ship to the confirmed address.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited February 2008
    I sell on ebay and Agon all the time and take paypal. As a seller you pay all the fees and have no basic protection. Paypal is for Paypal only and hold no loyalty and offer very little support to the seller. Many people registered with Paypal have taken their back up credit card off and are now unconfirmed. I am inconfirmed because I pulled my credit card backup off my account after I got ripped off on a $1,300.00 pair of Carver Amazing Silvers last year by a buyer that stripped the tweeter assembly out of them and destroyed my speakers. Buyer refused to send the speakers back after he got a chargeback from his credit card company and Paypal took the money out of my account using my credit card back up. If you take Paypal you are always at risk no matter if it's a confirmed address or not. Lost packages are unusual and the shippers keep a good record of deliveries.
    HB