Help Fix Berkline Movie Chair

Options
CAvolleyballguy
CAvolleyballguy Posts: 156
edited February 2008 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Hey all

the electric recliner on one of my berklines is not working...

any idea where I can buy one of the "power cells"..or battery thing under the seat..and one of the linear activators (the motor)

When I press the button I hear "it" (the power thingy) click.

Obviously I have no idea wtf I am doing.. but I am capable enough to unplug the chair from the wall and replace the items and plug back in the little phone cords that run from the button on the seat to the motor that pushes the chair back..

figure it has to be cheaper than paying someone to come do it..
would bet my life its the motor because I hear the battery click like the one that works does...but the motor is not activating....

any help would be appreciated.
Rti10 front, csi5, Rti6 surrounds, PSW505, B&K200.7s2, Onkyo705.
Post edited by CAvolleyballguy on

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2008
    Options
    I have an off-brand of recliner that is 100% leather and no leather match. anyway, my motors get disconnected from the control module all the time. loose connection on one of them. annoying as hell. for some reason, one of them some how went past the limit switch and i had to disassemble the motor housing, press the piston back down and re-assemble.

not that my situation helps you any, but before you purchase parts, possibly do some tinkering around first?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.