Polk rocks fry's SUCKS !!!!

ttomp
ttomp Posts: 181
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
I had been looking for a birthdate present for my brother for the last 2 weeks and I just couldn't find anything that I knew he would enjoy, that was until tuesday when I went to fry's to buy some computer stuff and for some reason I asked if they had any of the rti10's left for $199; after about 30 minutes I finally got some to help me even though there were about 6 sales people just taking to each other in the tv section right next to the speakers, but every time I asked someone for help they would say the'll page someone to help me , then when I finally got the "right " salesman he told me that they had 2 left and he would go to get them for me, on his way to getting the speakers someone else stoped him and he took another 10 minutes selling something else, finally when I got home I called my brother to come get his present he shows up to get his "new " speakers and take them home, BUT surprise when he opens the box one of the speakers is new and the other one is missing the little plastic pieces where you screw the ruber feet and has a phillips remote control and some screws inside the box, so next day i go to fry's and all they say is bring them back and and when I ask to speak to the manager they all look at me like dirt, so when I finaly talk to the manager he tell me " just like my employee told you, if you don't want them bring them back ". that is some of the worst customer service I've seen, so I called Polk to order the part I needed and to my surprise they are going to send them free of charge, the only other company that has ever done that to me before is Surefire and I will never buy another brand of flashlights or speakers again after the customer service I have received from this 2 companies...and I WILL NEVER SHOP FRY'S AGAIN
Post edited by ttomp on

Comments

• Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited February 2008
    I love BigBox store rants. Yet we all continue to shop there because at the end of the day, they tend to offer the best sales.

Sorry to hear it but you'll be sad to know you're in good company. A lot of us have had to deal with crap service and I for one can certainly commiserate.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    I bought some Lsi15s from Fry's recently. Felt like I was holding the sales guy's hand the entire time. Had to tell him exactly which speakers I was looking for, what the price should be, even that I knew they had 2 in stock.

But, at the end of the day, got a great deal on them. They even price matched when the price dropped weeks later. So, can't complain too much. They are all pretty crappy, even Tweeter (supposedly a higher end, audio only store) had some really bad salespeople. Didn't know anything about any of their products other than what was on the tag.

"Hey Tweeter guy, I'm looking for a decent budget sub" as I point to a Mirage Omni S12 marked 50% off from $800. "Is this a decent sub, seems like a great deal."

"Not really, you should look at the Martin Logan over there."

"Oh, the one not on sale that has a $1499 price tag? Yeah, that sounds like a great budget sub for someone that only spent $900 on his entire HT speakers."

Of course, they shut down about three months later. . .
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Tweeter is circling the drain big time! I got all my stuff there starting 2.5 years ago, gotten RIDICULOUS deals from them, and they're getting their butts kicked by the other brands across the st.- B.B., C.C., HH Gregg. It sucks, because the people that USED to work there were somewhat knowledgeable. And the other 3 are the worst! Simplest question about anything-'deer in the headlight'! GRRRRR!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited February 2008
    I can't stand Fry's either. When I bought my LCD TV, I went to Sears and got a price match instread.
  • CAvolleyballguy
    CAvolleyballguy Posts: 156
    edited February 2008
    you have to go into stores like that expecting bad service... you are basically discount shopping... you ARE discount shopping... you wouldnt be buying from there if it wasnt marked down 50%. You have to expect to have to take the item back because someone else opened it and it is already broken. I inspect most items on premise if possible. My rti10s I got from frys, yes I had to wait until I got home. I almost giggled like a little girl when everything was in one piece... I felt like I hit the lotto...

Same thing ordering online. Expect to have to send it back... I had to send back my csi5 to crutchfield because it arrived broken... what are you going to do? it's going to happen... The only way it will not happen is if you pay uber over price for custom install everything. My buddy does that because Time value of money for him dictates that. He loses more money than the items costs if he has to go buy it, then take it out, set it up, bring it back...

I actually do stuff for him for free just because the GP of the fact that I know he is paying double or triple kills me, but he doesnt care, and I wont take his money, he has tried... but you know what I am saying...its the principle.

The good news is... any of you that own a business or render a service (im in sales)... Knowing how bad customer service is... if you go out of your way to provide outstanding service... the difference is so noticeable your referral business more than pays for you effort of going the extra mile each time... at least that is my opinion.
    Rti10 front, csi5, Rti6 surrounds, PSW505, B&K200.7s2, Onkyo705.
  • J_Kennedy
    J_Kennedy Posts: 137
    edited February 2008
    ttomp wrote: »
    ...the only other company that has ever done that to me before is Surefire and I will never buy another brand of flashlights...

I just went through a month and 3 commitments to send a new tail-cap for my new E2D Executive Defender. Finally, the guy sends me a tracking number showing they finally shipped the tail-cap, 5 days after his 3rd request for it to ship. Great warranty, but not always right on with execution. And the bld that came with it, dead in 15 minutes of use. Remember, bad tail-cap so almost no use. So for a $110 light, over month after buying it I still can't use it because I order some of the $17 bulbs to replace the dead one that they should have replaced as well.

It's still a bad a$$ light though. :D
    - Onkyo TX-SR805
    - Polk RTi8's Main L/R's
    - Polk CSi A6 Center
    - Polk FXi3 Surrounds/Rear Surrounds
    - HSU VFT-2 MK3
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2008
    If I go to a big box store, I've already researched the purchase, and I don't have any questions other than is it in stock.
    Same thing ordering online. Expect to have to send it back...

I've had good luck ordering online and buying new and used off ebay so far, but I realize it's a crap shoot. Someday my luck is going to run out.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited February 2008
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    If I go to a big box store, I've already researched the purchase, and I don't have any questions other than is it in stock.

I've had good luck ordering online and buying new and used off ebay so far, but I realize it's a crap shoot. Someday my luck is going to run out.

Bang on. This is exactly how I deal with the big box stores. I don't ask for advice because the salesmen know little and try to BS you.
    [