Rt35i and bass...

Options
MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited November 2002 in Speakers
Alrighty.....if yall didnt no my main driver on my subwoofer is blown....welp the bottum one still works, and by my conclusion picks up frequencies between 10-30 (40)....but theres like a gap in da music. welp i made the bass go to the mains and the sub...could this in any way hurt the mains, playing vioces, effects, intruments, and bass? jus wonderin...i havnt found it to hurt them...but i dunno, and i have also noticed they sound better this way, and makes the sound harder to pin point in 5 channel stereo.....but thats what i have found...in other words it blends better but could redirecting some of the bass to the 35i's hurt them in any fashion?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited November 2002
    Options
    As long as you don't crank it too loud, i believe that they will be allright for a short term basis.
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I'd probably also use the receiver's on screen menu and drop the LFE bass output a few decibels also, just in case to be on the safe side in case you get a disc like Lord of the rings or Star Wars 2 AOTC with super high bass content.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Man, I've read his post five times and I can't even figure out WTF he is talking about. If you are talking about running your 35's full range, sure, no worries.

Dude, a little spelling and proper grammar goes a long way.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Yes, yes, it does. I'm sure in reality it does, but by far I'm one of the laziest people at the moment. So, you know I don't really care about it. But, perhaps I will change in the future and get un-lazy and talk right to comprehend all the facts. This is what I am asking, I want to know if running the Rt35i's with bass, midrange, and treble - is that good for them? The sub cuts them off and takes over. But, here is what I am asking, Is it safe to run them like this, because over all they sound better, but I don't need to have to replace any more drivers, if you know what I mean...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Also, would I need to turn the LFE level down if the subwoofer is running? The blown driver is unplugged and the bottum driver is still being ran. Runs fine, just don't offer the 'punch' that the two paired did, but thats common sense. The subwoofer in itself stops the speakers from hitting too hard or low, i'm saying their cutting off around 50-60 hz, anywayz thanks for the help. Troy, thanks for pointing out I'm dumb and can't type and have bad grammer :lol:! ohh well, thanks for the help...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC