Thanks to all of you

gigglesjen
gigglesjen Posts: 4
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
I am new to club polk but my father was a menber for a very long time. For anyone who knew my father Greg Hart from Easton, PA, thank you for all of your kind words and support when he passed away in July of 2006. I inherited all of his equipment and am still trying to figure out all of the benefits of it. If anyone has any suggestions for a harman kardon avr 225 beyond the basics let me know. Thanks again.:)
Post edited by gigglesjen on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Hey! Welcome!!

More than happy to help in any way we can.

What sort of suggestions do you need?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2008
    Welcome to CP!

Your Dad is a great guy! I bought and sold several items with him and have much regret for not being able to spend time with him when he was in San Jose, missed him much.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    Let me add my welcome, anything you need let us know. I never met your Dad in person but I know he was well liked and a great member of our Club.

RT1
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2008
    Greg was tops! Welcome!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    Welcome. Hang around a while and enjoy the madness.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • gigglesjen
    gigglesjen Posts: 4
    edited February 2008
    I have some super audio cds from him and looking for a player for them. Any suggestions? Also, I have a pioneer turntable with a rotel phono equalizer, how or can I hook it up to the receiver? I think that we have everything else going ok, but like I said I a newby at this. I never knew how wonderful the audio world was before listening to it this way.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Didn't we get to meet Greg at PolkFest '05? Who was it that broke the news he passed away?

As far as the equalizer goes, I might be mistaken but the equalizer should have RCA outputs on it that will allow you to plug it into any input source on the pre-amp or receiver. But you don't necessarily need to use it. You can probably plug the turntable directly into the phono input on the pre-amp or receiver. If it has one that is. Otherwise, the turntable goes into the input on the equalizer and the output goes into the inputs on the pre-amp or receiver.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Welcome, enjoy your stay and go happily broke with all of us....:D
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    gigglesjen wrote: »
    I have some super audio cds from him and looking for a player for them. Any suggestions? Also, I have a pioneer turntable with a rotel phono equalizer, how or can I hook it up to the receiver? I think that we have everything else going ok, but like I said I a newby at this. I never knew how wonderful the audio world was before listening to it this way.

Welcome,

Do you have a list of the equipment? Some dvd players are universal and play dvd, sacd, dvd-a and such.

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    ghisme was a cool dude.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Welcome.

Please list all your gear that way we can tell you what goes to what.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Ummm....I'm guessing that the pile of gear that gigglesjen has is going to be close to this:

[Electronics]

* Harman Kardon AVR235
    * Pioneer uni player
    * Sound King 12 AWG speaker wire
    * Pioneer turntable
    * Rotel phono pre
    * Sony LCD 42" widescreen

[Speakers]

* Mains: RT800i
    * Sub: JBL E250E
    * surrounds: RT35i's
    * center: CS245i

Afterall, that's what Greg had listed in his systems showcase in June of '06.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Cool. You are all set for the SACD/DVD part Gigglesjen. The Pioneer will play both just fine.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Welcomne aboard. I heard nothing but great things about your dad.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited February 2008
    Welcome aboard. Glad to see his equipment is being put to good use and that you were willing to come to the #1 audio forum around. I've seen to many times items being put into storage when a loved one passes just to sit there and collect dust. Sorry for your lose by the way but welcomed to have you here, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited February 2008
    Ghisme always seemed like a nice guy. welcome.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2008
    Welcome! We all miss your father, and we're happy that you are here!:)
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Welcome to Club Polk.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Welcome

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited February 2008
    Welcome! I too had several very succesful transactions with your dad. I was saddened to hear of his passing. I kept his PM's in my box for a very long time after I found out.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a great opportunity for you to carry on his legacy!

Bet ya didn't know an internet forum could hold your dad in such high regard, huh?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    Greg was the first Polkie ever at my house. The Transparent Wave speaker cables he thre in with the SDA 2B's I bought off him still drive the mains in my home theater.

cool dude

hang anytime with us Giggles, once the audio bug bites you, your pretty much screwed..LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2008
    Wow! Is this our first second generation member?
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    wallstreet wrote: »
    Wow! Is this our first second generation member?

I bet that makes some members feel old. :p

Welcome! Enjoy the fun.