Sigh. What to do?

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Okay so with the NIU shooting and all the scheduled vigils, funerals, and other gatherings the WBC has of course noticed. This is so much **** and I just do not understand these protests. People were able to crowd these people out of the funeral that was scheduled today, but who knows what will happen at the remainder of the funerals and events this weekend.

Is there anything we can do here to get these ****'s out of our hair?

sigh i'm just really sad about this whole situation.

Adam
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    I should probably know this, but ...... what/who is the WBC ?

:confused:
    Sal Palooza
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, what's WBC?
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    "The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is a fundamentalist religious organization headed by Fred Phelps and based in Topeka, Kansas, U.S.. ..."

It's the same whacko's that protest at funerals for our fallen soldiers. Despicable bunch of inbred cretins at best.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    +1 to what Jesse said. Those people shouldn't be allowed on earth. What saddens me more is the the 2 daughters in college believe in the garbage as well. I can only imagine if the tragedy happened to both of them how that groups viewpoint would change.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    I can only imagine if the tragedy happened to both of them how that groups viewpoint would change.

I'm really surprised something violent hasn't happened to them.......yet.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm really surprised something violent hasn't happened to them.......yet.

If they keep it up I'm sure it's only a matter of time before some ex military person loses it and goes after them. WBC is nothing more than a mental disease.

The question is can you really blame him and prosecute him? When it does happen, if I was on that jury he/she would be not guilty before the trial even started.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    So they were protesting at the students' funerals?? Why?

Not that there's a real "why" with those scumbags, but they usually have some warped reason.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    So they were protesting at the students' funerals?? Why?

They'll protest at any funeral where there's going to be a media presence. Anything to get their message out.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Because to them it's not a reason to mourn and get public attention, to them it's god's will(notice the lowercase g for the WBC god)
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Between these a**holes and the city of Berkely, IF I ever win Powerball, the 1st thing I'm buying is a CHAINGUN!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I guess, I'd just like to hear what their actual excuse is. They protest soldiers because they claim they're killers, they protest Heath Ledger because he glorified a **** lifestyle in film... I'd love to hear what nutso justification they have for protesting students killed in a school shooting.

On the bright side (if there can be a bright side) there may never have been a funeral they protested that will get them so large of a public backlash.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    I still think we pack those morons up and drop them in no man's land Afghanistan-it's about the only place they'll find someone with a common viewpoint to their own.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin