Anyone know anything about the MM10's?

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2002 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I am getting ready to purchas two MM10's for my Porsche 944. I was wondering does anybody know the dimensions on these and what thier power handling is? So far I plan to slap an Audiobahn A18001DQ amp which I would run to both of the subs. Is this too much power for them? The amp runs the following power output:
600w x1 @ 4 ohms mono
1200w x1 @ 2 ohms mono
1800w x1 @ 1 ohm mono
It is a class D amp with 0.05% THD. Will the subs be able to handle this amount of power? If so how should I wire them in seeing as I can't find the MM10's specs on any website including the polk/momo one. I am hopeing that someone out ther can help me out so I don't blow anything.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2002
    Options
    spec on the new momo 10 is as follows...

rms = 400
    max = 8000

sealed box volume = 0.88 after displacement (0.94 - 0.96 before dispalcement ought to do ya fine).

u can probably put 500+ on each one though... i demo-ed a momo 12 and put 650 on it and it was clean and clear with no problems... so 500+ on the 10 is not going to be a problem.

also -- having a STRONGER amp is a good thing. just keep your gain back a hair and then you'll be sure to get a solid 1000 total output at 2 ohms clean and clear with minimal distortion / stress on the amp. example -- i have 1000 watt subwoofers and put 1200 watt amps on each -- this way i keep the amp cool and the sub running smooth. so that audiobahn oughta do ya fine.

wire the subwoofers in parallel --t his means take the POSITIVE terminal of both subs and hook that to the amp's positive terminal.... do the same for the negative -- since the momo's are 4 ohm subs, 2 in parallel wil be a 2 ohm load.

good luck :)
    -vince
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Vince. I will stick with the Audiobahn wired in paralle. This should give each sub 600w which is enough for my small car (1987 Porsche 944). I am building a sound quality system using three sets of the MM6 Wired to a 6 channel Audiobahn the puts out 75W x6 @ 4 ohms. Plus in the summer I will add the two MM10's with the audiobahn amp and two audiobahn digital caps. I believe that this system will make me competitive with just about anything out there. After the install of the MM6 systems (currently being shipped by UPS) I will try to get my install up on the web site. Once again thanks for the advice on the MM10's.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.