best sq for mm120?

TommyIsPHAT
TommyIsPHAT Posts: 9
edited December 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I've read a few posts, and Kim, you say that an amp 500-800w is best at 4 ohms. A while back i posted about using two RF 1000.1 bds, one for each sub...whats the best setup?
Post edited by TommyIsPHAT on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2002
    there's a kid on another post that suggested using a rockford 750s (? unsure of model number) but its about 750 x 1 at 4 ohms.

the class AB amps (basically most name brand 2 channel amplifiers) will give better performance than the class D amps (usually -- not always). ... 750 class AB watts beats 750 class D watts.

that 1000 bd is gonna give you about 600 give or take at 4 ohms.

the 750s is probably the same price (or probably even cheaper!) and will give you even more power and cleaner power with a much higher damping factor into the same load.

i've got two class D's on two dual 4 ohm coil subs, and their good, but ya know if somebody made a class AB amp that put out 1200 watts and would cost me under 350 bucks i'd switch in a minute.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • automaticman
    automaticman Posts: 21
    edited December 2002
    Soundstream Rubicon 1000-2

1000 watts rms x1, 4ohm bridged at 12.6v (Soundstreams are typically very underrated)
    1 ohm stable

I got mine for 350 shipped,
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited December 2002
    **drooling** -- checking out to see if they've got a website as we speak... i've heard a lot of good things about soundstream but stupid me never thought of looking at them for high power sub amps.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge