Solar cell harvests hydrogen from water

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/18/new-solar-cell-cuts-out-the-middle-man-harvests-hydrogen-from-w/

Spiffy stuff! Researches at Penn State have apparently built a solar cell that can strip hydrogen from water much more effectively and efficiently than electrolysis. The article isn't all that long but this is a big deal in the hydrogen fuel cell realm. Line your roof with these solar cells and you can not only generate your own electricity for use in your house but you can strip hydrogen from say...rainwater and fill up your car too!

Cool technology!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/18/new-solar-cell-cuts-out-the-middle-man-harvests-hydrogen-from-w/

Spiffy stuff! Researches at Penn State have apparently built a solar cell that can strip hydrogen from water much more effectively and efficiently than electrolysis. The article isn't all that long but this is a big deal in the hydrogen fuel cell realm. Line your roof with these solar cells and you can not only generate your own electricity for use in your house but you can strip hydrogen from say...rainwater and fill up your car too!

Cool technology!

Trouble here in Texas is we've gots lot of sunshine, damn little water.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Nice article. Would have been better if they gave a FEW more details.
    Would be nice though....
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited February 2008
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Trouble here in Texas is we've gots lot of sunshine, damn little water.

Just the opposite up here in Seattle. Maybe we should join forces and solve the energy crisis.:cool:
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.