Newark goes 33 days without a murder!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
What the hell Newark? Get with the program and quit slacking off! :rolleyes:

Anyway, kind of a big deal because Newark hasn't gone for 30+ days without offing someone since the '60's.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/15/no.homicides.ap/index.html
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    I'm sending some Homeboyz from Baltimore to help get ya back on track!

Notice they said "No OFFICIAL homicides." The bodies will turn up in due time. Have faith brutha Jstas!
    No excuses!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2008
    The murders been there all along, just that they murdered the person counting the murders. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    "This one looks like natural causes."

"Yes, although it's incredible that he had a massive heart attack while getting drilled 20 times in a drive-by. Timing is everything"
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Reported murders are a LOT less then actual commited murders...a lot go unnoticed.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    Reminds me of "Hot Fuzz."

Just seems like a "safe" town/village due to some strange coincidences and/or bad book-keeping.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    I know a couple guys on the ambulance and rescue truck down there, lotsa of funny and tragic stories come out of that city boy.

oddly enough, me and the wifey work in the downtown area during the day. sure, you see some of he decay of western society (bums, beggars, et al) but the downtown area really aint TOO bad. they pumped alot of money there, which wasnt a compete waste. the Pru center, NJPAC, the Stadium. as long as you stay clear of the lunatics driving stolen cars, your all good.

still might not want to be there late night though.

they wisely put a HUGE police presence down there, especially during events at the PRudential center at night
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited February 2008
    Reported murders are a LOT less then actual commited murders...a lot go unnoticed.

This is true. I remember a couple of years back people were looking into the Baltimore police department and found "suicides" where the weapon was missing or everything just happened at certain angles that would make sucide impossible. All to make the murder count lower.