Bike races this weekend

nms
nms Posts: 671
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
So this weekend my college hosted the first race of the collegiate season. This was my first season, so I'm racing the entry level class, D. In the road race Saturday I placed 4th, and in the criterium today (fast race on a short circuit) I got 3rd. Overall a very good weekend for me!

Any other roadies on here?
My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
Post edited by nms on

Comments

• cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2008
    Roadie and MTB for me...my only races have been team triathalons and one mtb race though. Don't really like racing, but love to ride.

Congrats on your finishes and good luck on your season! What college?
  • mule
    mule Posts: 282
    edited February 2008
    Right on!

I have never raced road however I do get a few thousand miles a year on my Madone. When I race it is usually endurance races. I'm doing the bakers dozen again this year, that is a 13 hour race in Leesburg and I will do some of the Michaux monsters. I hope to get a couple bmx races in this year too but we will see, I am 38 and have never done one so its kind of now or never.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2008
    nms wrote: »
    So this weekend my college hosted the first race of the collegiate season. This was my first season, so I'm racing the entry level class, D. In the road race Saturday I placed 4th, and in the criterium today (fast race on a short circuit) I got 3rd. Overall a very good weekend for me!

Any other roadies on here?

Loved crits. Keep the shiney side up and protect the front wheel from all the squirrels in the pack. You might also consider joining a racing club when school is done and start racing as a cat 5.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    cambir - NCSU.

bikezappa - I'm thinking about it - the collegiate road season is really short, something like 15 weeks. I'll have to see where I end up this summer.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2008
    nms

I hear ya. I never understood it because it takes a few months to get ready to race and in New England school is over when you just get into racing shape.

It's warmer in NC.

If you like racing in College you will like it more as a CAT 5. The racing is a little safer but not much and it's faster.