Music for iPods

janmike
janmike Posts: 6,146
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Where do you folks get your music for your iPods. I know I can use my CD's but I do not want to buy from itunes. My son has his new iPod and I do not have all of his favorites. Do you folks purchase songs or is there a web site you go to. Thanks.
Michael ;)
In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
Post edited by janmike on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I know Amazon recently started selling MP3s, and for the same price or cheaper than iTunes. Plus I think they don't have DRM, which is nice (but don't hold me to that).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mule
    mule Posts: 282
    edited February 2008
    Janmike, i sent you a pm...
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    I just use CD's and exclusively CD's. I pick them up used from amazon.com for a couple bucks each and never had an issue.

When you said "or is there a website you go to" I'm going to assume you meant as free downloads. With all that's going on with companies going after individual people for insane amounts of coin, I can't even see this as an option anymore. 5-7 years ago I would have said otherwise.

As bobman said, amazon or just purchase from itunes.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2008
    I still buy the CDs, and rip them using CDEX. I use iTunes and Amazon to check out new music and to listen to things before I buy them, then usually go to Amazon or Best Buy or somewhere to buy the CD. I will probably continue to do this, as I enjoy having a 'hard copy' of my music and enjoy having the artwork, booklets, and other special things that come along with CDs these days.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Hm, the few songs I've looked at on Amazon are 256kbps too, which is nice; iTunes still sells everything at 128 (blech)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited February 2008
    Are there any other places you all get music??? Wink Wink,,
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Joe08867 wrote: »
    Are there any other places you all get music??? Wink Wink,,

If there is, wink wink, people certainly aren't going to post about it on an open forum.....wink wink.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Thanks JF for hooking me up. Works like a charm.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2008
    janmike wrote: »
    Thanks JF for hooking me up. Works like a charm.

Glad you are able to get what you need/want.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2008
    Everything on my iPod comes from cd's, I refuse to listen to AM radio quality sound in the 21st century.*

*I'm not talking about vinyl
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3