job

Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I sent out my first official job application this evening! Tuesday is the big career fair [hopefully] followed by interviews. I even picked up my first suit for the occasion. Man, this is some scary stuff!

Micah, Justin, Paul, etc: I don't see any job postings at Polk. Go fire somebody so I can send you guys an application!

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2001
    I could actually use someone to keep my equipment dust free. Maybe get this cd collection a little organized too. No shortage of yard work here. "Sharks" need washing & waxing. Garbage needs to go out. Stephie wants a dog. That'll need to be walked. My HS room needs painting.

You fit any of these bills...or what?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

Good Luck my good man, the world is yours for the taking. We are going to need a few more good men.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Aaron,
    You will do just fine and things will work out. Not that I am full of wisdom or anything but a couple of tidbits that a sage, old gentleman passed on to me:

1. You should work to live, not live to work

2. Life is what happens while you are making other plans.

And if all else fails, I hear George pays well.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    I don't think you could afford me. If things get bad though, I'll give you a call. I'm sure we can work something out involving payment via your Amazings. That should cover a week or two.

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Aaron,

It is very important to always ask if the customer would like to Super-Size that order......

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2001
    Not that I have any much to tell you, since we're about the same age, but the people I work with at my co-op job are glad that I have figured out one thing already:

You have the rest of your life to work.

Why do think I'm working on my 6th year of college? :D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d