Nice job for an audio nut in NY.

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2008
    His use of urban slang is disenchanting. Sounds like a high end pawn shop.

Nice gear though.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2008
    Seems like a pimp would be a tough guy to work for.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Pimpin' aint easy.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Well, potentially 80K a year, and playing with high end gear all day doesn't sound too bad. No need for college on this one.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    I dealt with him and met him. actually seems like a good guy. Low key for the most part. I picked up an Anthem Amp 1 from him a year or so back.

if you ever have to deal with him, deal in confidence. he has a good audiogon rating for a reason.

he looks like the most non "urban slang" type of guy you'll ever meet..LOL

I was at his house, and he had ALOT of nice gear there
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    The owner sounds like a slave driver.

EDIT: skigod backed him up......my reaction was based off his website.....it seems....rather...unprofessional for a business exceeding 2 million in sales a year
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    phuz wrote: »
    His use of urban slang is disenchanting. Sounds like a high end pawn shop.

I think the "pimp" and "urban" stuff is just for fun. I've bought from the guy a bunch. His prices are always fair, he doesn't eff around, he ships quickly and has GREAT customer service.

I'm a little upset that link was posted, though. I thought I was the only one that went to his website around here :) Honestly, the dude moves a lot of gear and doesn't mess around at all. Don't send him an email saying "is this still available?" or make him wait for payment, though.

JB is definitely on the up and up on my list. Way better than most of you guys, even :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Bookmarked, thanks.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    His pimp hand is strong......
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    $100k speakers?! Yeah, I'd say he's hardcore. thanks for the link
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!