Choking Games-give me a break

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23166041/

It appears that some children from 9 to 19 have been having "fun" trying to choke themselves. I understand they get high doing it. WTF. Some have died. What a surprise? That's what happens when you don't have oxygen.

This is called culling the herd.

Or adding bleach to the jene pool.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    The one instinct all animals are supposed to have is survival instinct. If you're stupid enough to choke yourself to death, or drug yourself to death, or any of the other thousands of stupid things people do to needlessly kill themselves, LET THEM. Nature is telling us they should be dead.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Sounds kinky.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    and yet it's illegal for me to choke those people that really deserve it :mad:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    Zero wrote: »
    And the deliciously ironic part about it is that you get no 'high' from a deprivation of air.
    Too bad we can't ask Michael Hutchinson about that.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    and yet it's illegal for me to choke those people that really deserve it :mad:

Only if you are caught ;)

If they are that lacking in common sense...we dont need their genes in the pool....nature does flush the toilet when it see's fit.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    choking yourself.............. when a "whip it" just doesnt do it for you anymore

eeeesh :rolleyes:

nature does tend to thin out the stupid don't it?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2008
    I remember back in the party days, people would do this while on E. I have never and would/will never do either. It was really strange to walk in on at a club in the bathroom, the guy was against the wall in the air being choked, all I could think was WTF??!!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2008
    Asphyxiation has been around for a long time..........nothing new.........

The extremes that some people go to..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    What ever happened to just firing up a spliff or raiding daddy's liquor cab?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    What ever happened to just firing up a spliff or raiding daddy's liquor cab?

That ****'s just bad for your health.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • shadowofnight
    edited February 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    The extremes that some people go to..........

Yeah...last week during one of my spinal injections ( Nerve root block ) , they accidentally gave me double the maximum dose of IV Demerol. If anybody EVER has to get more of a high then that...I cant even imagine it.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    Yeah...last week during one of my spinal injections ( Nerve root block ) , they accidentally gave me double the maximum dose of IV Demerol. If anybody EVER has to get more of a high then that...I cant even imagine it.

When I had my wisdom teeth out they gave me some weapons-grade painkiller in pill form... codeine maybe? Anyway, I took a half of one of those and was incoherent for the next several hours. That's as closed to stoned / high as I want to get - I stuck to advil for the rest of the time!
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    But parents who’ve lost children to the practice said it’s about time the government took a thorough and serious look at a deadly —and vastly underreported — practice

Government??? What the heck does the government have to do with this??? Jesus Christ!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Sounds kinky.

Auto-erotic asphyxiation. Supposed to heighten the pleasure. Some serial killers do this to their victims, one stands out, married guy with kids would invite homosexual males over and do this to them then kill them and bury them in his backyard. Can't remember the guys name.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Too bad we can't ask Michael Hutchinson about that.

Its Hutchence, if your talking about the former INXS singer. Stupid, stupid, **** if you ask me. I don't care how much of a high you get.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for the correction, and yes that's who I meant.
  • shadowofnight
    edited February 2008
    nms wrote: »
    weapons-grade painkiller in pill form

Weapons grade....:D LOL
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    Asphyxiation has been around for a long time..........nothing new.........

agreed. i remember back in 5th grade some other kids were choking each other out. 5th grade! it's a little thing called peer-pressure. it's serious when kids start dying. normally i say let the bastages hang themselves. but for once, i'm taking the higher road. no pun intended.

edit: all it takes is a parent telling their kid not to be stupid and choke themselves nor others. kids are sometimes immune to common sense. i remember when i saw a kid up against a wall being choked by another by free will, i didn't know what to think. tell your kids don't choke themselves.

then reiterate when they hit puberty.;):p

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Hey guys! I'm bored! Lets choke each other! OH ****, I'm DEAD! No kidding. You know, I don't even feel bad for the parents. If you have s child that dies from this, I see it as a sign that you no longer need to breed, and should be sterilized. I've done plenty of stupid ****, but choking myself for fun was never on the list.
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    That's wrong to not feel bad for the parents. No parent should have to bury their child.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Gaara wrote: »
    Auto-erotic asphyxiation. Supposed to heighten the pleasure. Some serial killers do this to their victims, one stands out, married guy with kids would invite homosexual males over and do this to them then kill them and bury them in his backyard. Can't remember the guys name.

Rskarvan ?

.....okay, I'm sorry ....... don't know what made me say that ........

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • wizzy
    edited February 2008
    Hey guys! I'm bored! Lets choke each other! OH ****, I'm DEAD! No kidding. You know, I don't even feel bad for the parents. If you have s child that dies from this, I see it as a sign that you no longer need to breed, and should be sterilized. I've done plenty of stupid ****, but choking myself for fun was never on the list.

That newspaper article has a place to post comments, might want to add this one there :)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2008
    Simply natures way of cleaning the gene pool, IMO.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited March 2008
    I guess I'll be the idiot to come out and admit the truth. I was "choked" once.

I was about 11 years old. Me and about 6 other guys were hanging out and they already did this before. I said I didn't want to do it, but you know how it is in 6th grade. You can only be called a **** **** so many times before you do something:o.

Well, what they made me do was breath really hard for like 30 seconds and then someone squeezes both sides of your throat. They said I was out for only a couple seconds. When I woke up, I didn't know where I was and I when I did, I thought I was out for hours. That was the end of that.

I don't know how you guys put parents into this, unless the kid does it on its own for fun or something. I think its peer pressure, nothing more.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Government??? What the heck does the government have to do with this??? Jesus Christ!!!!

Because the parents of dead kids need someone to blame for their lack of parenting skills.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    When I was that age everyone was just chokin' chickens.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited March 2008
    [QUOTE=tommyboy;

I don't know how you guys put parents into this, unless the kid does it on its own for fun or something. I think its peer pressure, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Why is there peer to coke each other?

How or why did choking get selected as some thing to do?

Why not pick jumping between high buildings?

Because they are bored and have to much free time.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2008
    It is an old thing that's being tried again. It was dumb then and dumb now. It is sad.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • wizzy
    edited March 2008
    Well, think about it ... kids die all the time playing things which parents approve of.

Plenty of teens die or get maimed for life riding motorbikes, skateboarding, water and snow skiing, playing football, doing gymnastics, cliff diving, etc.

And I'm *not* saying any of this makes choking okay, don't get that idea.