Polk Direct on eBay anyone?

J_Kennedy
J_Kennedy Posts: 137
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Anyone ever bought from Polk Direct on eBay? If so, how long did it take for the item to ship?

So far after several days, they haven't communicated anything, nothing, not even an acknowledgment that I won or an invoice...nothing. :confused:

I pay for won items immediately but usually have some sort of communication from the seller at some point. It's something Polk ought to consider, strongly even if it's a simple automated reply saying "Thanks for bidding" and "you won" and make it better and include what to expect in way of shipping.
- Onkyo TX-SR805
- Polk RTi8's Main L/R's
- Polk CSi A6 Center
- Polk FXi3 Surrounds/Rear Surrounds
- HSU VFT-2 MK3
Post edited by J_Kennedy on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Did the payment go thru? Not being a smart a$$, bit this may be why there is no communication?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • J_Kennedy
    edited February 2008
    Yes the payment went through, and within minutes of winning the auction.

But even if it didn't, or I hadn't paid yet, I'd expect an invoice, hello, "pay me you dead beat" message, Sugar Cookie recipe or something. :D
    - Onkyo TX-SR805
    - Polk RTi8's Main L/R's
    - Polk CSi A6 Center
    - HSU VFT-2 MK3
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    This issue has been forwarded to Russell. Be patient until tomorrow morning.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Did you get an acknowledgement from ebay that you won the item? Doesn't ebay automatically send this out? Just a question.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    Whatever you won will probably be on your doorstep tomorrow.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • J_Kennedy
    edited February 2008
    That would be great if it is. I don't think I'm in a big hurry (screwed up and ordered 14 ga instead of 12 ga as I planned on using and that may not be here until Monday) but it would be good to know they're on the way, or here.

OT but thoughts on using 14 gauge for about a 35-40' pull with FXi3's pushed by an Onkyo 805? I'd prefer to use 12, but I think 14 might be enough overkill???

Now if the goofballs will quit bidding up the others, I'll get another pair and go ahead with 7.1. :D

I appreciate the replies! :)
    - Onkyo TX-SR805
    - Polk RTi8's Main L/R's
    - Polk CSi A6 Center
    - HSU VFT-2 MK3
  • Russell
    Russell Posts: 20
    edited February 2008
    J_Kennedy wrote: »
    Anyone ever bought from Polk Direct on eBay? If so, how long did it take for the item to ship?

So far after several days, they haven't communicated anything, nothing, not even an acknowledgment that I won or an invoice...nothing. :confused:

I pay for won items immediately but usually have some sort of communication from the seller at some point. It's something Polk ought to consider, strongly even if it's a simple automated reply saying "Thanks for bidding" and "you won" and make it better and include what to expect in way of shipping.

Hi J,

Russell Here! First let me apologize for not getting any notification on your purchase from us here at Polkdirect. Obviously it is our intention to notify you in a timely manner (not several days) a confirmation of your purchase and quickly (within 24-48hrs max) supply you with shipping and tracking information.

As most people here know this is a new business for us and not to make excuses but, we are finding new learning curves and hurdles often. Most we correct without notice to the consumer. Some however, like this instance unfortunately affect the customer and his perception of who were are.

Our system of notifying a customer of the purchase and shipping information is set to be automated once the order is processed by our inside sales team and distribution team. What we have found like in this instance some of these notifications are dropped in the system...We are working to find out why. I anticipate that very shortly we will have overcome most or all of our short comings. Fortunately for us thus far our feedback on delivery and communication has been good over all. But, we will do everything we can to get much better.

Going forward just as I mentioned in my first notification to the forum I do hope that many of you will contact me directly when situations like this come up. I can't guarantee that we won't make mistakes. I can guarantee we will handle these mistakes to your satisfaction.

J- Please contact me directly

Russell

704 649-5920
    Rwoolfolk@polkaudio.com
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited February 2008
    J,

Your FXi3 was shipped 2/11/08, and you should have gotten a shipping confirmation notice that included a FEDEX tracking number. Check your SPAM to see if it's there, unfortunately email sometimes get's stuck in limbo for one reason or another these days.

Looks like it's out for delivery today.

~Justin
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    Both of you guys make me want to be a better man....or man/woman combination.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Both of you guys make me want to be a better man....or man/woman combination.

I vote for the man/woman combo. It somehow fits you well. Work on that one and have it perfected for Polkfest 2008!

I personally want to give everyone in Polk CS a big sloppy wet kiss!
    No excuses!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited February 2008
    Once again Polk Customer Service rocks!!!!! JHC, other companies need to learn a thing or a hundred from Polk. Nice job gentleman, that includes you Doro for forwarding the issue.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • J_Kennedy
    edited February 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Once again Polk Customer Service rocks!!!!! JHC, other companies need to learn a thing or a hundred from Polk. Nice job gentleman, that includes you Doro for forwarding the issue.

H9

Nah, if they really wanted to step up, they would have PM'd me the speakers and I could download them from there. But what the hell, this will do. :D (need a big rolling around laughing smiley)

I really do appreciate it guys.

-justin-, no Fedex notice. I don't have any spam filtering and the eBay doesn't have anything. Not a problem now, but I'm really glad you got me the tracking number. I didn't know it would be sig required so I may not have been here to sign for it. Ah darn, I can't run PITA errands now. LOL :D

Russel, I emailed before I saw the post by -justin- . So you can ignore it.
    Once again, thanks Russell and Justin.
    - Onkyo TX-SR805
    - Polk RTi8's Main L/R's
    - Polk CSi A6 Center
    - HSU VFT-2 MK3
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    There should be a theme song for the Polk Service Rescue Team.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • J_Kennedy
    edited February 2008
    FYI, the FXi3's are here. :D
    - Onkyo TX-SR805
    - Polk RTi8's Main L/R's
    - Polk CSi A6 Center
    - HSU VFT-2 MK3