Cow???.....Oh crap! COW!!!

obieone
obieone Posts: 5,077
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
At approx. 7:30 this morning, I was making my way to the interstate on a rural back road, doing about 50 mph. There was a relatively sharp turn that I started to go into, and at the middle of the turn is a blind spot, that can't be seen from the straightaways going into it.
Well, at the blind spoot was a full size black COW!!! Stradling the double yellow line! There was approx. a 1 second time delay between what my eyes saw, and what my brain was formulating! Living in rural America is NOT what I'm accustomed to. I'm from somewhat more urban landscapes up north, and was NOT expecting this site. Luckily, I was not on my cell, or distracted in another way. It was close!
I REALLY don't want "Death by cow" in my obituary!
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
Post edited by obieone on

Comments

• jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited February 2008
    Yeah. Jeez.

Okay, maybe death from years and years of eating delicious artery-clogging red meat.. but not from plowing into a parked cow.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Careful, you almost just took out a forum members wife.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    obieone, glad you didn't hit the cow. head on... that would have hurt...

but it still doens't count quite as good as the cow that fell off a cliff here and landed on top of a car. :eek:

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_110607_fallingcow.1e40d2978.html

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59218&highlight=%2Acow%2A
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    DB, LMFAO with the post from MBBL!! I don't know who the farmer was that lost that cow, but that guy owes me a pair of skivvies!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2008
    I've encountered that quite a bit, mostly at work. That's when I pray they don't do something stupid. I don't want to explain the body damage was due to being charged by a steer.

When I lived in Seattle, I encountered a few deer in the burbs. I almost had deer encounters twice while out riding my old Yamaha road bike.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Ahh yes, welcome to the country. My best friends dad hit a deer in his caprice around '96. Totaled the car.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    I can't even imagine the damage a cow would do hitting it at full speed.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2008
    I still remember the time I popped over a hill on a gravel road just in time to see a deer leap out of the ditch. I was going pretty good speed and it was around 4 in the morning so it was pitch black. I just pretty much hit the brakes and closed my eyes. After a second, I realized I was stopped and I didn't hit anything. I was confused though; I had just come over the hill, and yet I was looking up into the night sky. Did a perfect 180! :D
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited February 2008
    LOL... Cow...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited February 2008
    Hit a hog making an escape from a slaughter house one morning on the way to work. Dang near flipped my Mustang. Ripped the whole front suspension out. Went into the slaughter house to find out their insurance info and they tried to tell me I was going to have to pay for the hog. I just laughed in the guys face and reminded him SC has fence laws. Needless to say, they paid for the repairs.
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited February 2008
    I can't even imagine the damage a cow would do hitting it at full speed.
    Hitting a concrete wall would not be far off.
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Ahh yes, welcome to the country. My best friends dad hit a deer in his caprice around '96. Totaled the car.
    -Cody
    A dear can easily total a car, so can a cow.... and sometimes survive that.
  • jayman_1975
    jayman_1975 Posts: 672
    edited February 2008
    You're lucky man. A guy just got killed near my city from swerving to miss a cow...rolled and got thrown out.
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    I'm just glad it was daylight! A black cow, against a forest background, foggy,....at 50 mph! I like tenderloin, I just don't want to be MEETING where it came from!
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited February 2008
    "Cow..."

"Another cow..."

"I think it's the same one."

"I gotta go, we've got cows!"
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    polksda wrote: »
    "Cow..."

"Another cow..."

"I think it's the same one."

"I gotta go, we've got cows!"

I was thinking the exact same thing at the thread title...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin