MIB II - Worth a purchase?

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited December 2002 in Music & Movies
Anybody picked up one yet? worth a purchase or rent? thanks...
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I picked up a copy at BB today for $14.99, I haven't watch it but my boys seems to enjoy it very much, I heard a lot of looud laughing from their room, I will try to watch it tonight.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I just watched it last night. I'd give it two and a half stars, the first one was better. Tommy Lee Jones looked like he'd rather have been elsewhere, cool car though.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Yeah I agree. Maybe 3 out of 5. The first was much better, but the special effects were superior in the second movie. The pug dog was pretty funny in the movie but a lot of the jokes you could see coming a mile away.

But overall not a terrible movie, just could have been better. I will get it though since I have the first one.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I liked the first one better too. Maybe I'll get it used from a video store one day. Not high on the list.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts above....2 1/2 out of 5 at best. The most amazing special effect was getting that rack on Lara Flynn Boyle...major work there! We "MIGHT" buy this one only because my youngest daughter really likes the music video. I may wait till I can get it used or when it gets down to the $9.99 rack (which shouldn't take long).
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Just rent it. Not as good as the first. The Stick is old now and there is nothing fresh in this film.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2002
    Options
    i agree it it is not as good as the first but i have the first and i bet there will be a 3 so i got it my movie came with a buy 1 get 1 free the same list as spiderman any one else get this?
  • NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited December 2002
    Options
    this is a piece of crab, I can't believe I bought the damm thing. The story sucks (the wasn't a story anyway, same plot, find the piece of **** or earth will be destroy, you've got the picture) and the acting is gabage( Tommy Lee and Will Smith worse performance of the decade), stay away from this movie guys
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I think you mean "crap" not crab. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Ya, out of a "100 mill" budget they paid Jones and Smith 60 mill. and 20% of the profits. Or something like that. You can't make a good movie doing that crap. I saw an interview with one of the directers and he said he did the movie to simple pay off his 10,000 sf vacation home. NICE!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2002
    Options
    The best part of this movie was...

MIBII-87.jpg

Lara Flynn Boyle, and that, does not even qualify this giant **** as free rental.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.