Nursery is complete

66chevyIISS
66chevyIISS Posts: 857
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Well the wife and I completed our Babies Nursery this weekend so now I can go back to playing 360 and watching movies :D

My wife really did a majority of the work. We started back at Thanksgiving and she slowly painted the stripes. I really hate painting and ty to avoid it. The stripes were extremely tedious. After we pulled off the tape the paint had bled a little into the other colors so my wife went along each stripe with a 1/2" brush and made them all perfect again.

I did the finishing touches, by hanging the chair rail and painting that. Then I put the Crib and rocking chair together. :D

Mom to be wants to hang some pictures add a mobile and some other little things and it will be ready for baby.

Babyroom-Tophalfwithpaint.jpg

TouchingupthestripesJan252008.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg
My Home Theater (WIP):
Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
Media Room pics
Post edited by 66chevyIISS on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    hey, can i hire you and your wife to paint my bedroom too? LOL

good work... looks fitting for a baby.. I assume you are expecting a baby girl, with the pink room and all. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited February 2008
    A little late now, but haven't you heard that paint fumes (even latex) are not really healthy for a preagnant woman to breath? Next time, do the painting yourself. Let the little woman rest and breath clean air.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited February 2008
    What no built-in wall speakers? What kind of audiophile are you? My dad started me young.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Looks beautiful; great job on those stripes. I would not have the patience to do that.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited February 2008
    did you guys ever hear of wall paper?? would of been faster. but now that its done,great job!!!!!!. alot of work for sure
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited February 2008
    Hot damn, now that's done I'm sure I'll see Chevy more on COD4:D. Congrats to you both, there is nothing more precious than children until the hit the ages of my kids (8 and 10) than you just wanna choke them:eek:. Just kidding. Once again, congrats to both you and your wife Chevy.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited February 2008
    My wife and I had our second baby girl on January 1st. it's a blast, but brings to mind a funny quote I once heard. "For the first few years you try to teach them how to walk and talk. For the next 18 years, you try to teach them to sit down and shut up!!!!!!!!"

Truthfully, there is nothing better than having kids. Changes your entire perspective on EVERYTHING!!!

Congrats on a great looking room and the new addition.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Hot damn, now that's done I'm sure I'll see Chevy more on COD4:D. Congrats to you both, there is nothing more precious than children until the hit the ages of my kids (8 and 10) than you just wanna choke them:eek:. Just kidding. Once again, congrats to both you and your wife Chevy.

8 & 10? You've seen NOTHING. Wait till they hit 13...then you're in for a real treat.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for all the great comments. I keep telling her that once our girl hits that age of about 12 that I am done! The stripes definitely weren't my idea. You guys know how Women are once they get that picture in their head there is no stopping them. :D

As for the paint fumes, we asked our doctor and she said it was ok as long as the room was well ventilated and she wasn't exposed for long periods of time. (again this has been almost 3 months project) The trim paint was definitely stronger and I did that one myself.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    If I may make one small suggestion for your nursery, ChevyIIss, it would be this:

Get rid of that chair; you don't want to get your wife spoiled. God gave her two good legs for a reason, and the lawn isn't going to get mowed if she's parked in that thing.

Not to mention sammiches.

I guess you could move a mini-fridge with cold cuts and beer next to that chair if she insists on keeping it.

Those sammiches aren't going to make themselves !!
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    BTW: good luck with your baby !

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    I don't see a stereo source anywhere.....I'm very disappointed.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited February 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I don't see a stereo source anywhere.....I'm very disappointed.

Yep, a nice two channel painted in the same stripes as the wall will go well.:eek:

Seriously, great job 66chevyIISS!
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited February 2008
    I still remember how well i slept the night before my first was born... I havent slept like that since :)
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    Very nice nursery. Congratulations on getting it done!