Best bang for the buck

MarcLazarek78
MarcLazarek78 Posts: 65
edited February 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Back in '95 I had a Pioneer GMH 100 (50x2) bridged into 2 4ohm JL 12w1's parallel in a sealed box,no divider in the back of my '86 nissan kingcab 4x4. and at an IASCA sound comp registered 134.9db. which was about 5db more than anyone else and they spent about 10x more on their stereos than I did. They were getting mad when they cranked the gains on their amps and still weren't getting close.

I also had 2 sony 6x9' 2way's in separate sealed boxes wedged on the sides of the sub box,and two Boston Acoustic 5 1/4's in the doors run of a cheap sentrek amp. And was using an old Blaubaunk tape deck with an RCA converter,and a 9 band dash EQ. That system was my favorite.

Now I would replace the Boston coustic's with Polk 5x7's tho. and probably the sonys to.And more if its not loud enough.Polk mids and highs quality is my favorite,but nothing is gonna change my mind about JL subs. They used to rumble hard at low freq where as others wouldn't.And everyone concurred.
SDA SRS 2
Kenwood M1D
Sony DAV-HDX265
Post edited by MarcLazarek78 on

Comments

• Kinetic
    Kinetic Posts: 437
    edited February 2008
    Back in '95 I had a Pioneer GMH 100 (50x2) bridged into 2 4ohm JL 12w1's parallel in a sealed box,no divider in the back of my '86 nissan kingcab 4x4. and at an IASCA sound comp registered 134.9db. which was about 5db more than anyone else and they spent about 10x more on their stereos than I did. They were getting mad when they cranked the gains on their amps and still weren't getting close.

I also had 2 sony 6x9' 2way's in separate sealed boxes wedged on the sides of the sub box,and two Boston Acoustic 5 1/4's in the doors run of a cheap sentrek amp. And was using an old Blaubaunk tape deck with an RCA converter,and a 9 band dash EQ. That system was my favorite.

Now I would replace the Boston coustic's with Polk 5x7's tho. and probably the sonys to.And more if its not loud enough.Polk mids and highs quality is my favorite,but nothing is gonna change my mind about JL subs. They used to rumble hard at low freq where as others wouldn't.And everyone concurred.

i recently hear a car with JL W6, and it could be the enclosure, but i did like more my Polk SR 124 DVC sub
    Z
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150
    /////Alpine PDX-1.1000
    Polk Audio SR 6500
    Polk Audio SR 124 DVC
    KnuKonceptz MKS Kable

G35
    /////Alpine CDA-9887 HU
    /////Alpine KTX-1000EQ
    /////Alpine PDX-4.150