Mike Kozak
Mike Kozak Posts: 931
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by Mike Kozak on

Comments

• nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited February 2008
    How much did you get out of that settlement?? You think I could borrow a couple thousand dollars?:confused::D:p

Congrats on the new t.v. Enjoy!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    I love my Samsung....enjoy..looks good...well except where you look like you're constipated.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    No problem Nikolas, 2 grand on its way to you!!!

I tried to get a pic of a high Def channel so all could see the tv pic. It really is amazing!
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    SWEET!! How did you get my address???:confused: Doesn't matter. Can't wait to spend it.:D

I noticed you don't have a high def player in your signature. Do you plan on getting one? If so which one are you looking at?
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    Yes, that is the next purchase....I am going to go with Blu Ray, any advice??
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    No. I was just curious to see which way you were going to go. I sold all my HD DVD stuff and plan on going Blue Ray. I did not sell my HD DVD stuff because of the format war. I sold it because I was not impressed with it. Its mainly because of my TV though not the format. I have a 720p westinghouse LCD that was only around $600.00 new and it wasn't cutting it. So now its the westy and a upconverting Oppo until I get a better TV. Then I will go Blue Ray. Maybe when that money gets here I'll go TV shopping.:D
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    I am on Amazon.com right now
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    You might do a quick search here. I think there have been a ton of Blue Ray player threads lately.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2008
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    I read some reviews on the player your looking at and seems like a decent player for the money. Have you looked at the panasonics? I think they are a little more expensive but they have been getting great reviews for the most part I think.
  • marcpam
    marcpam Posts: 228
    edited February 2008
    I hate to say it, but I guarantee your set has major bowing issues. You need to check out the Black Bars on dvd movies as well as ticker symbols on broadcasts. Samsung is junk and you will come to unappreciate a bad product.
  • SDA SRS 1.2
    SDA SRS 1.2 Posts: 255
    edited February 2008
    We have a 23" in the kitchen and a 32" in one of the bedrooms. Love those Samsungs! :)
    Main System: Polk SDA SRS 1.2 Speakers, Sunfire Signature 600~two Amp, Carver C-16 Preamp, Carver TX-11b Tuner, Marantz 6350Q TT, Philips CDR-775 Recorder, Teac V-707RX Cassette Deck, Signal Cable Double Run Speaker Cable

Upstairs Den: Marantz 2325 Receiver, Marantz 5220 Cassette Deck, Marantz HD-880 Speakers, Marantz 6370Q TT

Exercise (Kabuki speaker) Room: Kenwood KR-9600 Receiver, Pioneer CS-99a Speakers, Sansui SP-X9000 Speakers (not pretty, but LOUD! :) )
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    marcpam wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I guarantee your set has major bowing issues. You need to check out the Black Bars on dvd movies as well as ticker symbols on broadcasts. Samsung is junk and you will come to unappreciate a bad product.

Who are you again? As someone once asked me on this forum, I'll ask you, who pissed in your cornflakes?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008

In response to Maurice's new house:
    marcpam wrote:
    He Is A Big Fat Liar. This Guy Is All Talk. Besides, That House Is So F'n Fugly

Discussing a poster's views on Alec Baldwin:
    marcpam wrote:
    You are too quick to jump to conclusions and don't give YOUR OWN KIDS a time to speak there side if they do wrong. You are a dispicable human.

Indepth discussion of the San Antonio Spurs:
    marcpam wrote:
    spurs suck

Indepth viewpoint of Darque of Knights excellent European vacation pictures:
    marcpam wrote:
    waste of time

Could it possibly be a visit from

MrCharm.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    I like my new TV, looks great to me so go pound sand marcpam!!!!
  • dephinistr8
    dephinistr8 Posts: 61
    edited February 2008

Why do you give a **** what he bought?
    Before you jump in with such a random-**** opinion, why not provide a link to this "fact"
    Or are you just being an **** for the sake of being an ****?
    The Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Polk RTi6
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk FXi3
    Rears: Polk FXi3
    Sub: Polk PSW125
    AVR: Denon 3808CI
    TV: Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP (WD-65833)
    Game Console: Xbox360
    Game Console/Blu-Ray: PS3
    Satellite: DirecTV HD-DVR (HR21)
    HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-A35
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 890 Pro

2 Channel Setup

AVR: Pioneer VSA-910
    Speakers: Klipsch KG4 (from 1985)
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    Thanks dephinistr8!!!!
  • dephinistr8
    dephinistr8 Posts: 61
    edited February 2008
    Mike Kozak wrote: »
    Thanks dephinistr8!!!!

No problem. I'll never understand why people want to poo-poo other's gear.

Anyhoo...that looks like a really nice set. I was going to go with that exact one before I decided on my Mitsu. The only reason I didn't pick it up was because of a great deal the Big Screen Store threw my way :)

You'll love that TV, heck the LED engine will probably last longer than any other part on it. Enjoy!

Oh and as far as that Blu-Ray player goes, it looks pretty darn nice. You may want to check out CNET.com for some reviews on players. There seems to be quite a performance variance amongst different brands. I'd give you some insight but I don't know a whole lot about the Samsung BR players...
    The Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Polk RTi6
    Center: Polk CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk FXi3
    Rears: Polk FXi3
    Sub: Polk PSW125
    AVR: Denon 3808CI
    TV: Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP (WD-65833)
    Game Console: Xbox360
    Game Console/Blu-Ray: PS3
    Satellite: DirecTV HD-DVR (HR21)
    HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-A35
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 890 Pro

2 Channel Setup

AVR: Pioneer VSA-910
    Speakers: Klipsch KG4 (from 1985)
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Great looking set Mike. Engoy it. I love my DLP
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Why do you give a **** what he bought?
    Before you jump in with such a random-**** opinion, why not provide a link to this "fact"
    Or are you just being an **** for the sake of being an ****?

I have held my tongue many times when people have asked me to see/hear their "Killer" HT or stereo...usually it's when you see how happy and proud they are of their setup. I mean its hard to acheive that level of satisfaction with a setup...look at 98% of the forum members here...we are changing out components/speakers/cables like they are going out of style.

If somebody has that level of satisfaction with their setup...why piss in their cornflakes ? Now , If they are bragging about their system and its ****...thats a WHOLE different ball of wax...those are fun to bring down :D

P.S. I dont know if I would go so far as ****...dick seemed to fit the circumstances a little better.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    Congrats Mike. My father has the 61" LED. Awsome pic, if he would calibrate it the way I like it...lol:p

I was looking between the Samsung and the Mit. 61" compared to 65".

I know the Mit is a darker pic, but I like the colors. The LED has an awsome brightness to it and would last the life of the Tv.

How can that guy tell bowing from one picture???:confused:

I have calibrated tv's for a couple of years now and I can tell you, as for straightness and overscan, Samsung is one of the best out of the box.

Enjoy.....
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    Thanks alot Jake, the picture is just amazing. Hey folks, my Monitor 10s should arrive today!! I am stoked!!
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    Rock on! Can't wait to read you review.

Did you pull the trigger on a BRP yet?
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    Mike Kozak wrote: »
    Thanks alot Jake, the picture is just amazing. Hey folks, my Monitor 10s should arrive today!! I am stoked!!

10's and 7's, what are you going to do with them? Stack them? Different rooms?
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Mike Kozak
    edited February 2008
    If I like the 10s better they will be my main speakers for surround sound and just music. I may then move the 7s upstairs and put them in my bedroom.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    In light of what has been said in an unbiased review with his (marcpan) own opinion of the fore mentioned product, I am happy to re-report I am thrilled with the performance I have received from my Samsung Plasma.

Shadow...I couldn't have said it better. (really couldn't have) WE have all gotton a great deal of excitement and pride at one time or another in our additions to our set-ups. Good or bad it doesn't matter. If it makes us happy and we are liking what we have at that time...then why bust the happy bubble. True..if its **** and we want to brag that our's is better than anything that could possibly be made or has been made in the past....then be prepared for the onslaught of criticism that follows.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • marcpam
    marcpam Posts: 228
    edited February 2008
    I Know That Samsung Is Crap And All Of You Are In Loser Denial. Nice To See A Bunch Of Low-income Teenagers, Living In Your Father's Basement, Listen To Cheap Polks. Why Don't You Get A Real Job So You Can Afford A Real System.

I Take No Offense To Your Comments, Especially Coming From A Bunch Of Low-income, Welfare Buying, Baby-making Idiots Who Have No Income. If You Want Some Real Advice On A System, Look Me Up. Polks Are For The Cheap At Heart And You Idiots Need To Find A Job Instead Of Cheap Speakers.

Love You All
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited February 2008
    Missed our meds, did we?
This discussion has been closed.