Big Lou Guest Appearance

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Lou and I had a marvelous early afternoon together, capped off with a small sausage pie at Russo's, and a look at Chris, the Albanian bombshell that works behind the bar there. God she's hot.

Right now Lou is northbound on the turnpike, clutching his little tube ipod thing and a Maui "sweet" that was flown in for the occasion.

Thanks Lou, great visit.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Glad you had a nice visit and obviously Lou is a happy camper.
    Just so you know...If I ever get up your way,I want a LARGE pie and a pitcher of beer.
    AND I want to sit at the bar....pray tell if the scenery is that good.....:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Man, Russo's not only makes a great pie but they got a definate eye for talent.

There was a babe bartender a couple years back, older, dark hair....just SMOKING hot.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    Lou and I ....capped off with a small sausage pie at Russo's,........

You went to eat with Lou, our Lou - and ordered a SMALL pie?

Did he snort it through a straw?

Did he roll it up and eat it like a burrito?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    Nah, he crammed it up his **** like you did with that pound of cheddar.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    George disappeared when Louie gave the obligatory hug!!!

BTW George you are right she is SMOKIN RED HOT!!!!
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    For those of you DFW Ticket listeners, F1nut has to be the forum's version of The Cobra. (No it's not a slam, it just hit me after that comment.)

Sorry to hijack a little bit.

Glad to hear that the get together went well!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • George Grand
    edited February 2008
    You want to laugh? I had three slices down by the time he finished two. He picked yup the last slice, looked at me and actually said, "You don't mind do you?"
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    That's fatboy code for "I'm eating this last slice, make a move for it and feel my wrath".

I know.

Cheers,
    Fat Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    That's fatboy code for "I'm eating this last slice, make a move for it and feel my wrath".

I know.

Cheers,
    Fat Russ

OR . . . watch it or you may be pulling back a stump instead of a hand!!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    I'm telling you guys, in terms of scarfing down a bag of groceries? My money is on George. He's an eating MACHINE. He's got that freakish high metabolism. When he starts in, make sure you don't have any loose clothing or small objects that can get sucked in.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    Yep, Lou did not bring the A game to Russo's. I'm man enough to admit it though, George was dogging my **** in the Pizza eating department.

That Pineapple is still calling me in the kitchen. If it weren't for the Backlavah we ordered with the rest of our Mediterranean food we ordered, it would be demolished already. Today, that pineapple will not be long for the earth.

Thanks to George for an enjoyable day and this sweet little amp. Why did it take me a day to post here? there are 2 reasons

a) I'm not at work, and my best posts happen there :p
    b) I've been having a blast with this little amp.

she's set up with the California Audio Labs DX-1 cd player and the Rogers LS-6 monitors in the smallest room in my house, maybe 9 or 10 X 12. Very suprising results. This is a sweet, fun little rig to listen to that does female vocals REMARKABLY well. That could be more the Rogers than the amp, but I was never one to care about details, I'm having a ball here.

and yes, I concur, the bartender at Russo's definitely smoldered with very little effort. I still don't believe she aint Italian, WTF?!?!

All in All, the visit was a great way to enjoy a day off. Did those utility guys ever come? ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2008
    double post
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Man, the last time I went to Russo's, the place was EMPTY! Except for a gaggle of Mexicans that looked like they were crawling around on their knees in a mud pit.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    Pics of the Albanian?:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    Lou you better get on the stick or steak, its time to start training already.

RT1
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Pics of the Albanian?:D

Yeah, 'cause I ain't never seen the Albanian.

But why is the song Coach sang in Cheers running through my head? "Albania...Albania...you border on the Adriatic!"
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Soinds like a good time. George if you have any more of those left I might stop by and visit when I come up to jersey in march to visit. I will stop by Joes and then work my way up the pike.
  • George Grand
    edited February 2008
    I'm all sold out on the little tube ipod things. Big got the last one.

She doesn't look Albanian, and I am intimately familiar with the Albanian people. She looks Italian, with the most Roman of noses. Put the hair up, dangly earrings, some sandals and one of those robe things, she's a Roman goddess. I wonder if she'd buy into that around Halloween if I start now.
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2008
    any way I can be there when you ask? LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -