Kanye West vs. Vince Gill

Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
From people.com regarding last night's Grammy Awards....
The collective "Oh, snap!" you heard Sunday night at the Grammy Awards was Kanye West getting ribbed by none other than...country nice guy Vince Gill???

Onstage to accept an award from Beatle Ringo Starr, Gill, who was an album of the year nominee along with West, joked, "I just got an award given to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?"

Gill told reporters backstage that it was all in good fun – and that he doesn't think he's started a new rivalry. "No, he was laughing," he said. "I'm a smartass. You know, I can't help it. He seemed to think that he and Amy [Winehouse] were the only ones worthy of the album of the year tonight. And I was just having some fun. He laughed, so it was all in good spirit."

Let's go to the youtube.com video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHV9cJyYEr4
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited February 2008
    I'd rather see Vince get it than that "no talent having **** clown". Vince is a talented guy no matter what people may think of him. Of course, Kanye isn't my cup of tea for musical style and I'm not the biggest country music fan either. But, if I had to choose.... Easy choice. Just my $.02. YMMV.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Can't stand Kanye West. Dude is so full of himself and his music isn't all that great.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Kanye West...ahh yes, the guy that said during a telethon that GW doesnt like black people, and the same person who said that MTV hates black people because he didnt get an award. Real winner there. For all I care, he can fall off the face of the earth.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Kanye West...ahh yes, the guy that said during a telethon that GW doesnt like black people, and the same person who said that MTV hates black people because he didnt get an award. Real winner there. For all I care, he can fall off the face of the earth.
    -Cody
    Kanye wrote:
    Cody doesn't like black people

(just kiddin')
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    I could be going off a whim here, but Kanye is also the guy that took his mom to a doctor that wasnt certified to perform the operation he did...why would he do that? Dunno, but the doctor was black...And look where it got her.

Kanye West...aka Al Sharpton with a mic and a couple of crappy records.
    -Cody
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2008
    I think Kanye has talent but is way too full of himself. I still listen though, now just because he mixed Daft Punk into his song "Stronger"
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    I saw no appreciable talent from KW.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited February 2008
    Oh, I forgot to mention that Vince Gill has already won 19 Grammys.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    It's terrible music and still amazes me how it sells.

I had no idea the grammys were on last night. When they started acknowledging Rap as music, that's when the awards got flushed down the crapper!

It is quite funny how they jump around pointing their index finger all over the place shouting "YEAH YEAH YEAH UHHH UHHH UHHH!" I think "Yeah" and "Uhhh" are standard rap lyrics used to start songs and as filler when they run out of ideas.
    No excuses!
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    It is quite funny how they jump around pointing their index finger all over the place shouting "YEAH YEAH YEAH UHHH UHHH UHHH!" I think "Yeah" and "Uhhh" are standard rap lyrics used to start songs and as filler when they run out of ideas.

Commercial rap, yes. Bad rap, yes. Good rap, no.

There are EXTREMELY talented rappers out there that don't deserve to get lumped in this category.

It's sad that artists (in every sense of the word) like De La Soul get lumped into people like 'Lil Jon and rappers who do just make noises and consider it "music". Damn commercialization, ruins everything good.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    It's terrible music and still amazes me how it sells.

I had no idea the grammys were on last night. When they started acknowledging Rap as music, that's when the awards got flushed down the crapper!

AHMEN to that!!!

KW-can't sing,crappy music,thinks he's gods gift to black people.......Yuck!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    -Cody

Wifey had the program on...I could have sworn somebody screwed up and they were broadcasting the NAACP image awards and not the Grammys.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    Oh, I forgot to mention that Vince Gill has already won 19 Grammys.

Also married smokin' hot Amy Grant!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited February 2008
    I'm not sure what the hell kanye is doing, but he AINT rappin.:rolleyes: He has no flow, and his lyrics sound like they were written by a 3rd grader.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    Maurice wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the hell kanye is doing, but he AINT rappin.:rolleyes: He has no flow, and his lyrics sound like they were written by a 3rd grader.

And the uneducated, illiterate idiot masses buy it up.

The funniest part of the whole thing is the record company executives had no second thoughts about putting this crap out as music so they could suck in more $$$$$$$$$$. Of course they were to busy to cultivate anyone who had musical talent and needed to be nurtured so now the music industry is dead and their money is drying up.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited February 2008
    I hate country. But it's still one notch above rap in my opinion.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Rap is NOT music! It's NOISE! Requires absolutely NO talent.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »

Music is like candy.....

.....It's no good until you throw away the rappers.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Sam Kinison's definition: "If you want to experience what it's like to buy a rap cd, take $20 out of your wallet, wipe your **** with it, throw it away, then wash your hands"
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    My favorite rapper ?

Lambchop.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-3czzs1YcU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-3czzs1YcU&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Sal Palooza
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2008
    I would hate to see a YouTube video of the hissy fit he threw after the ceremony.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Nice....

a535_bm.gif
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    Polk user wrote: »
    Music is like candy.....

.....It's no good until you throw away the rappers.

you stole that out of my signature!
    -Cody
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »

The same goes for most rock "music". Sounds like finger nails on a chalk board. No rhythm to be found.:rolleyes:
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's