i need computer program removal software

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
for some odd reason.. my Win XP computer is missing some kind of uninstall file needed to remove software from it.

anyone know what would be a good software removal one would be?

I need something powerful.. that will override windows uninstalls. and shred it like bbq pork. i mean I want it to safely remove the programs I no longer want or are giving me problems.

here is one such error I'm getting whenever I try to uninstall software programs from my computer lately.. it errors out every single time. so some file must be missing
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2008
    You can manually remove it and then run these two utils:

http://www.ccleaner.com/
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2008
    Run your Win XP install disk again in repair mode.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2008
    The secong url for the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is the only way I know of to reset the uninstall function if Windows balks. It'll take of the error and you can delete any remaining files manually.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    You can only manually uninstall what you can see. If the software was questionable, and you can't see the install log and/or don't have it configured, I'd use option 'R' from the install disk, and overwrite Windows to new as was suggested prior.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2008
    Unfortunately, Windows is setup to leave software tentacles everywhere making it a freaking mess to manually remove files. Just run the install disk in the repair mode.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    CC Cleaner mentioned in the second post is a fantastic tool. Finds broken registry entries and fixes or removes them. Give it a try, I think it will fix your problem.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MarcLazarek78
    MarcLazarek78 Posts: 65
    edited February 2008
    then get Avast Anti-virus, Spydot spyware blocker S&D with registry blocker(tea timer),zonealarm firewall,and adaware adware remover. all free downloads and free to keep
    SDA SRS 2
    Kenwood M1D
    Sony DAV-HDX265
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    Sami wrote: »
    You can manually remove it and then run these two utils:

http://www.ccleaner.com/
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

hey thanks. the second link.. the one for windows installer cleaner did the trick. it works fine again.

thanks.

I use RegSeeker to keep the registry clean on my puter
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    Thread Hijack.
    I installed winisd, and set the sweep from 0hz(accidentally), and I install it, and reinstall it, and it returns to default setting which floating point can not be divided by zero. I have a dual boot, and it holds the settings in XP also. It seems to have left a couple pieces in C:\ somewhere, and I can't get rid of it.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben