Found a TT finally

bruss
bruss Posts: 1,039
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Music Hall MMF 2.1 for 325 New.. This will be my first TT. Im picking it up B&M today! Everywhere Ive looked these are 399..
Post edited by bruss on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Congrat. very nice.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    is there a huge diff between the 2.1 and 2.2? Now im wondering if i should just get the 2.2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    What is your budget?

BTW Congrats!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    I wouldn't think that there would be a HUGE difference and for the record, Music Hall tables are great entry level tables.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    im right at my budget but would go up to 400 if I really had to.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    The 2.1 will do nicely for an entry level table. Start with it because you will upgrade REGARDLESS of which one you buy. Buy basic now until you know what you want your upgrade path to be.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2008
    FWIW, got an e-mail from Music Direct with the 2.1 on sale for $299. In Ferrari red to boot.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    thanks for the link strider. I need black though
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2008
    bruss wrote: »
    thanks for the link strider. I need black though

No problem. Yeah, that red is either a love it or hate it kinda thing. I think you'll enjoy that table.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    Shes sitting in my car waiting for me to get off work! Man im stoked to listen to some tunes this weekend
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Good luck with whichever one that you choose and congrat's. Spinning vinyl can be real fun. I wish I could be of more help, but I only got back into vinyl here recently [after a 2 decade vacation] and I only have experience w/ the Rega P1 and the MH MMF-5.

Again, congrat's.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    I gotta start somewhere.. this is gonna get pricey i can already see it coming
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    You can always end it all today. I can hook you up with a dealer that sells a $160,000 TT. 750 lbs, total isolation.

Whatcha' think?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    lol... I think ill pass

I see alot of people with these clamps on there platters.. Where is a good place to look at these? Are they threaded?
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You can always end it all today. I can hook you up with a dealer that sells a $160,000 TT. 750 lbs, total isolation.

Whatcha' think?

Clearaudio Statement? Brings a whole new meaning to the term "excessive"
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    gravita2.jpg
    No not this one, but similar design. Gotta love the tinfoil over the plant pots. How classy. :rolleyes:
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    The pots probably matched the hats:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    I'm sure this is at an audio trade show. I bet they don't want the attendees peeing in the potted plants. We audiophiles are a rowdy bunch you know.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    Congrats, Bruss. I am excited for you. Enjoy!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    Darn, this thing doesn't play 78RPM ... doesn't anyone listen to older albums anymore?
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2008
    Way to go! Welcome to the wonderful world of vinyl. The 2.1 is a great starting point. I'm a big fan of Music Hall tables. I started off with an MMF-7 in my 2ch rig, and have since bought a 2.1 for my home theater system, and 2 MMF-5's for my father and uncle. Now if I could just get a 9 the collection would be complete.:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy it.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • bruss
    edited February 2008
    All set up and spun a couple already.. I am enjoying it so far.. My system is geared for HT so I think there is alot of stuff im probably missing out on...baby steps