The chrome bug hit me...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,528
edited February 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have begun to chrome my truck out ;)

I bought some chrome mirror caps, the ones that cover half the mirror. It was kind of a hard choice for this - because the full caps looked weird as they "branched" out into a piece of the mirror, the top caps look kind of odd - but its not like "over-chroming" or anything. Still looks good.

Got the polished stainless steel handle covers for the doors and tailgate... looks spiffy, and still leaves some of the black on the inner part of the handle, so its not totally blingy...

Got a chrome grill insert to go into the honeycomb grill -- definitely digging it...

I just purchased, hasnt arrived yet, stainless steel step tubes to replace the black ones on there....

And in the coming months Ill be purchasing some 20-22" chrome rims, with shorter wall tires --- going for a sportier look...

Debating chrome frames for the tailgate lights...

Looks kind of odd right now with chrome mirrors, handles, grill -- but painted wheels and black step tubes... kind of like a **** child...

And then since we are on water restriction, my truck is filthy -- and this new chrome is shiney. Haha

Anyways, wanted to share!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Not too crazy about over-chroming...Isnt your truck black? Id recommend black wheels with a chrome lip. Black on black looks amazing on those trucks.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    You should light the truck on fire....you light everything else on fire.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    Why are you double spacing all your posts now? Stop it, it's annoying.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Why are you double spacing all your posts now? Stop it, it's annoying.

Ban him if he does it again!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    You should powdercoat all these accessories pink....that would be awesome.
  • VR3
    edited February 2008
    I really just do not like black chrome or black wheels....

I am wanting 20-22" chrome rims, with 3" tire walls, or so...

I ordered the step tubes a couple days ago... so all I want to add now are the wheels and chrome dual exhaust...

185%20chrome.jpg

Not quite like that, couldnt find exactly the pic I wanted... but I like cuts, and edges... and more recessed...

I like that style wheel...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    Hey Trey. Have you given any thought to saving money for you know...the future. retirement and stuff?:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • VR3
    edited February 2008
    Hehe...

Im actually saving quite a bit of money...

:) Thanks for your concern though...

I don't plan to get the wheels this year... probally will get the dual exhaust in the coming months...

The other chrome items I picked up - I did very inexpensively... EBay is your friend!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    Hehe...

Im actually saving quite a bit of money...

:) Thanks for your concern though...

I don't plan to get the wheels this year... probally will get the dual exhaust in the coming months...

The other chrome items I picked up - I did very inexpensively... EBay is your friend!

:D well then you are way ahead of me when I was your age. Good for you!

Carry on.:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • VR3
    edited February 2008
    lol... working full time... with no bills... Im bringing in a good amount of change... and since I havnt purchased audio gear in MONTHS -- I have ALOT of extra cash... LOL

Hard not to spend a little... Audio will drain ya! I plan to add Acoustic treatments slowly throughout the year as well... so my only planned audio purchases for me right now are...

Acoustic treatments and getting my amps refinished in silver, preamp touched up and worked on with the static issue... and all that should be under or around a grand... not bad