Iran has no internet access

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Kinda weird.

First cut was like January 22nd. Then in like the span of a week, 4 more cuts happened. All of them blamed on ships dragging anchors or something else.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2008/February/theuae_February155.xml&section=theuae

But if you look at this picture from http://www.ilovebonnie.net/, you can see where the cuts happened and how implausible this who idea is. I mean, it's not impossible but with the distance at which these cuts occur, it is highly unlikely that ships could have randomly affected things in such a short time. One or two cuts, yeah, I can see that. Especially if they were very near each other. But 5? Over a distance of thousands of miles?

cablecuts.jpg

Yeah, I'm not going all tinfoil hat here but something is up. Especially when the owners of those lines lead all the way back to very large companies in the U.S. and U.K.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I only heard of the two in the Mediterranean.... that is strange.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Not good.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Not good.

for who?
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    Didn't you hear that the US Navy has declared this month as "dragging your anchor" month :) You have to air out those anchor chains some how!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2008
    I read that at least one company, two of whose lines were cut, had NEVER experienced a cut before (5 years). Two in one week? Seems fishy.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Who gives a crap..
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    Who gives a crap..

Exactely! Ours works, so EFF them! :D

Do they even have time to use the internet over there? Seems like they're always busy with burning the US flag, protesting while shooting guns in the air or bombing someone.
    No excuses!
  • The Judge
    The Judge Posts: 60
    edited February 2008
    Internet access is a good thing unless you happen to live in a country like China where you are thrown into prison for blogging. Well done Google and other providers who Name names.
    No delivery for you.
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited February 2008
    This is incorrect. Iran does have internet access. However, it is a bit slow.

It seems odd that 5 cables have been cut within about 2 weeks.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/06/1431206
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    This is incorrect. Iran does have internet access. However, it is a bit slow.

It seems odd that 5 cables have been cut within about 2 weeks.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/06/1431206

Dude, seriously, look at when I posted the original post and look at when that update was posted. I read 4 different websites that all said the same thing. The original post was not incorrect when it was posted. I'm not a news agency, I can only post the reported news. There were 2 comments on the Slashdot article when I saw it there too.

The news article was updated. I have work to do and I can't sit on news sites all day waiting for updates to show up. Now, speaking of work, I should be off doing some of that now instead of this.

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited February 2008
    I'm sorry Jstas, you are no longer a reputable source for whether the internet is available in Iran. You must bow down to Kris and declare him King of Iran's Internet Availability. The porcelain throne must also be returned, as well as the golden scepter.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    edbert wrote: »
    The porcelain throne must also be returned...

AWWWW! Man! I gotta go to the bathroom too! Do I have to give up my roll of "secret papers" too?

• skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited February 2008
    Hmmm, sounds to me like Iran is about to get attacked by someone that doesn't want it spread all over the internet.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2008
  • edbert
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    AWWWW! Man! I gotta go to the bathroom too! Do I have to give up my roll of "secret papers" too?

Only those that have gone unused.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited February 2008
    The original post was not incorrect when it was posted.
    Technically it was. It just wasn't know :p
    I'm not a news agency, I can only post the reported news. There were 2 comments on the Slashdot article when I saw it there too.
    The news article was updated. I have work to do and I can't sit on news sites all day waiting for updates to show up.
    Erm, I never said you should report all updates. Regardless of whether the article is updated or not, the information in your post still read as if Iran had no internet access. I wanted to let people know that this wasn't correct. I did the update for you. Not a big deal...
    edbert wrote: »
    You must bow down to Kris and declare him King of Iran's Internet Availability.
    I don't know if that's such a good idea....
  • edbert
    edited February 2008
    It doesn't matter if it's a good idea or not. You provided the most recent update and totally blew open this breaking news story and therefore must be crowned as such. It was implied that Jsats was king because he posted the story first, but after the update that you provided and the authority with which it was displayed, you now hold that office. Maybe one day your kids can rule over this kingdom as well.

I look forward to further updates Your Majesty. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited February 2008
    So, can the Ayatollahs still download their ****, or what?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    Iran has no internet access

They must have Direct Tv internet,
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2008
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    ssh-im-internet-h4ck1n6.jpg75362829.oX83Wcp3.cat_pc_stealing_internets.jpg

Now these are the type of posts that Club Polk needs more of !!

:)
    Sal Palooza