Case of Beer Buckled in But Not Baby

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL -- Investigators say a woman accused of drunk driving had a case of beer buckled up safely, and a one year old girl sitting in the backseat without a seatbelt or car seat.

On Super Bowl Sunday, a deputy saw a car drive through a red light and swerve back and forth over the center lane on U.S. 1 South.

The deputy stopped the car.

Investigators say the woman, who identified herself as Tina Williams, smelled of alcohol.

According to the report, Williams told the deputy she never had a license and was running out of gas.

The deputy saw a case of Busch beer in the front seat with a seat belt around it, and a baby girl in the backseat.

When asked why the girl wasn't restrained, Williams reportedly told the officer, "I don't know."

Williams told the deputy she had a few drinks. Authorities say she staggered when she got out of her car.

The deputy arrested her for DUI after she failed a field sobriety test.

Authorities also found two silver metal pipes in her purse.

Williams faces charges of driving under the influence, child endangerment, driving without a valid license running a red light and not having a seatbelt or child restraint
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    I'll bet Britney didn't know she had a long lost sister ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Some peoples kid's...........
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Loooooozzzaaaahhhhh!!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited February 2008
    ...aren't strapped into the carseat and...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2008
    I would've asked to see her "Green Card" and sent her **** back.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Well, at least it was some good beer.....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

No kidding. Thats one way to tell if your parent doesn't love you. What quality beer would they buckle up instead of you? Good heavens.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    You are kidding right? I knew it. Busch, good beer..waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale maybe...............What? Who the F am I kidding? Beer is beer. Human life is another.......what the F was she thinking? OMG!!! :eek:

Tina, you are going down in history as.................well, your actions speak for yourself. May the good lord help that poor kid.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    wading in the low end of the gene pool
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • tbyrne
    tbyrne Posts: 43
    edited February 2008
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Hey hey Most are transplants from up north LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited February 2008
    Thats very common here in Japan, you'll see young kids playing in the car, standing, or the best ones yet, the moms holding the child(ren) in her lap while vehicle is in motion. Police pay it no mind and they can be next to the vehicle where this is taking place. Sad but very true.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    yep, I had an ambulance call very similar to that

late 80's early 90's Mustang CONVERTIBLE!!!!

2 guys in the front seat, 2 small kids (under 6 or 7) in what i assume was the back seat (why I "assume" comes later)

it was in another town, so I wasnt the first ambulance there, but I pull up to see the mustang waffled against a guardrail head on, 2 guys in the front being treated were all effed up.

and 2 kids were out of the car, on the ground, about 50-60 feet away (hence "assuming" they were in the back seat)

what was still in the car and seatbuckled?, the Keg of beer

the kids, somehow, were relativly unharmed.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2008
    Lemme get this right, beer strapped-in safely, crumb-snatcher not strapped-in?

Somebody has their priorities straight...I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited February 2008
    That's my ex-wife's maiden name, but she lives further south than that and would never buy Busch.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    ohskigod wrote: »
    yep, I had an ambulance call very similar to that

late 80's early 90's Mustang CONVERTIBLE!!!!

2 guys in the front seat, 2 small kids (under 6 or 7) in what i assume was the back seat (why I "assume" comes later)

it was in another town, so I wasnt the first ambulance there, but I pull up to see the mustang waffled against a guardrail head on, 2 guys in the front being treated were all effed up.

and 2 kids were out of the car, on the ground, about 50-60 feet away (hence "assuming" they were in the back seat)

what was still in the car and seatbuckled?, the Keg of beer

the kids, somehow, were relativly unharmed.

Man I remember you telling me about that call.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    Dave, remember this one?

Keeley: "it's in the toilet"
    Me: "I'll get the Reeves"
    you: **angry look of disgust and frustration**

dont think the guys here need the details..LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites