Anybody watch the UFC pay-per-view tonight?

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
I won't spoil it but there were a few upsets and it was a BIG jiu-jitsu night! Good fights all around, no lame stuff. Coupel fights didn't last as long as I had hoped but was a very interesting event!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    I won't spoil it but there were a few upsets and it was a BIG jiu-jitsu night! Good fights all around, no lame stuff. Coupel fights didn't last as long as I had hoped but was a very interesting event!

Tim Boetsch impressed the **** out of me, keep an eye out for that dude. punches, knees, front kicks...........splendid!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2008
    I saw it... but won't spoil anything.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2008
    i only watched up to the championship fight. every fight was damn good imo. honestly, how long is regular boxing gonna be around?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2008
    BIZILL wrote: »
    i only watched up to the championship fight. every fight was damn good imo. honestly, how long is regular boxing gonna be around?

As long as there is more money in it and it attracts the more talented punchers. I'll rather watch MMA but it still has a long way to go. Give it another 5-10 years and I'm sure it will get there.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    I actually predicted this one right! First one in a long time!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2008
    SPOILER:

i wanna see if anyone else can beat brock. he came out 'a wailin'. i knew mir would find a weakness and submit him. good thing too, as he was on the receivin' end of a major beat-down. few seconds worth of blows and his face was bloodied.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    *******SPOILER********* (stop complaining, next time just order the fight..LOL)**********

Brock is just inexperienced, once he figures things out, that power he's got is going to do ALOT of damage. will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Brock was just a little reckless, Mir grabbed the leg and Brock tried to jump out of it. BAD MOVE. he straightened his leg, which made Mir's job real easy.

Brock wanted to go with ground and pound, but the problem is you have to go to the ground to do it, against a BJJ black belt? not the best game plan. Brock should have stayed up and used strikes, he was so much stronger, and I cant see Mir actually taking him to the ground unwillingly.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    Once Brock becomes more refined, he's going to be a force!

Even Mir admitted in the afterfight interview - "It wasnt a textbook finish but Ill take it. Im just glad it worked because I didnt want him to hit me anymore!"
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Brock didn't show a weakness, just inexperience and going up against a guy like Mir, Mir is gonna capitalize on any mistake you make. Brock needs to get his leg strength up though.

However, I don't care how good of a BJJ guy you are, when you go up against a gorilla like Lesnar who has the strength to pop you like a zit with a submission move or rip your arm off your shoulder with an arm bar, you HAVE to take him seriously.

Besides, Mir was on the ground and struggling to stop Lesnar from beating the crap out of him less than 30 seconds into the match. I was really hoping that would go longer.

I was really disappointed in Jeremy Horn. He should have won that fight. Nate Marquardt is not at his level. I think he just got lucky. He got a few good hits in and Horn just couldn't get back into it.

I was very surprised at Ricardo Almeida. Dude hasn't fought in like what? 8 Years I think it was and he beat Yundt. That was impressive. Especially since Yundt did that flip, dropped him right on his head and the dude did not break the hold! I mean he had the guillotine on him, Yundt stood up with him clinging to his neck, did that flip and he didn't break the hold! If that doesn't break the hold, I have no idea what will. The ref called that match when Yundt was barely conscious enough to tap. I think he hurt himself with that flip more that he hurt Almeida. But I found out that Almeida is my friend's Jiu Jitsu instructor. I wonder how long he was going to wait to tell me that? Anyway, way cool. His next fight is suppose dto be in AC. Gonna see if we can get tickets. That'll be cool.

And I thought for sure that Silvia had Minotauro beat but he flipped him over, grabbed him and got that guillotine choke on him and it was done. The place went nuts when that happened. It was quite awesome!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2008
    Last night was a very solid card. The Lesnar-Mir fight had me jumping out of my seat! I was disappointed but not surprised the way the Sylvia-Nog fight ended. Boetsch was great to watch...if he does that well fighting someone on short notice, then I want to see him prepared for an opponent!