New additions

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Added these to my collection, I asked my wife to go out an buy them for me as I am not able to walk around very long..yet

They are from the Professional Series.

I have a whole set of the TwinProfection, but like anything I want to upgrade. These have a nice weight and feel to them and Boy oh boy they are SHARP!!!
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Can you cut butter with them?
  • Willow
    edited February 2008
    they can cut almost anything , these are fantastic knives. I can't wait till I'm better to really give em a good try.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Nothing like good knives. I purchased a 16 pc set of Henckels Pros S series a year ago and the kitchen has never been the same.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2008
    I have Henckels, nice stuff. Reminds me of slasher movies though!:eek:
    Carl

• Willow
    edited February 2008
    janmike wrote: »
    Nothing like good knives. I purchased a 16 pc set of Henckels Pros S series a year ago and the kitchen has never been the same.

I was going to buy a 7 piece Pro set but at 400$ I said, I'll wait and buy a couple at a time. Now to find a good block to hold them all.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    +1

If you don't have one, or have never used one, , , ,get at least one quality knife. Safer, and Very worth it.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Willow wrote: »
    I was going to buy a 7 piece Pro set but at 400$ I said, I'll wait and buy a couple at a time. Now to find a good block to hold them all.

I purchase ALL of mine of e-bay. Brand new and a great price. You might find a block there.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2008
    I'd cut a finger off with something like that. Runs in the family. I can't even walk past a knife without cutting myself. :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    ....UM...your not a serial killer by chance ...are you ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    are you a chef or just like sharp things around the house? ;)

so, what happen that you can't walk much? hope you're doing better though.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    I got a Henckels set for my 20th anniversary at work. Once you have a real knife set you will never go back to using just any old knife!

JF, what's with the ridges on the chefs knife? I see a lot of them like that now & they always remind me of the stay sharp serrated crap that can't cut $hit!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Willow
    edited February 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    are you a chef or just like sharp things around the house? ;)

so, what happen that you can't walk much? hope you're doing better though.

I do enjoy cooking very much, it's an escape for me. The reason I can't walk much is due to my herniated disk.
  • Willow
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    JF, what's with the ridges on the chefs knife? I see a lot of them like that now & they always remind me of the stay sharp serrated crap that can't cut $hit!

It's so food does not stick to the knife, sometimes when you cut with a flat blade there is some suction and the food sticks to the blade, this way it has little pockets of air in the ridges so that the food cannot for that suction.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I got a Henckels set for my 20th anniversary at work.

Okay, so get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited February 2008
    Sweet knifes.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2008
    I...Never mind, I'm too much of a lady to reply!:p;):D

Okay, so get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

;)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited February 2008
    What size is the chefs knife?

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2008
    Ahhh! Ok I understand now. Very smart thinking. I'm always scraping the food off both sides of the knives.
    Willow wrote: »
    It's so food does not stick to the knife, sometimes when you cut with a flat blade there is some suction and the food sticks to the blade, this way it has little pockets of air in the ridges so that the food cannot for that suction.