I love my SDA's

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Recently I was invited over to a fellow Polkie's house to have a listen and survey for some work to be done on his abode. (You know who you are) I was impressed by some of the equipment he had ready to be demo'd. The speakers were made by the same as I was mulling over for myself. I was simply going up one notch in the series. The power he was pushing was the same as I had looked at for myself a while back. Impressive, some of you guys would want it. Nice cables, IC's, power, speakers all the goodies. Forgive me for saying this (You know who you are...LOL) but I was sort of non-impressed with the sound. I mean it was sounding pretty good. But from what I saw sitting on the rack I expected much more in the way of detail.

I started playing around with various combinations of equipment the other night. I mixed tube pre with ss amps. I mixed ss pre's with tube amps. I used different manufactures. I ran CJ with Mcintosh, ASL with Parasound. I threw some old Dynaco with newer Rotel in the mix. I switched between a set of SDA 2B's, Cornwalls, Paradigm Studio 60 V.3's, Klipsh G's, B&W 805's. I always went back to the SDA's. The equipment didn't matter as far as what I heard in the end when I went back to the SDA's. I know there are speakers that blow my 2B's away. But I like em'.

I bought my first pair of SDA's back in 1987. I demo'd several different speakers at that time. I always went back to the SDA's. I remeber trying these with Krell, CJ, Rotel & Mark Lev chit. I always went back to the SDA's. I demo'd stuff like Mirage, KEF, Mcintosh, KLH, JBL, Mission and so on. I went back to the SDA's. When it was all said and done. The deal was closed. The sales guy looked at me and said, I quote, "you have a Polk ear my friend". I guess I do. I love my SDA's. Even though they need a serious upgrade.....you know the rest.

Thanks Polk Audio.

Chuck
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    I love your SDA's too:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I love your SDA's too:)

Thanks Sweetie.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    I'll just throw it out there for everybody. That "you know who you are" is me, treitz3. ;)

I ain't skeered. :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2008
    I officially hate all of you now that have SDA's.:mad:

This is the first time I can remember in my almost 20yr marriage where the WAF was this strong.:(

I should've ponied up the cash in 85 when I bought my M10b's.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2008
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    This is the first time I can remember in my almost 20yr marriage where the WAF was this strong.:(

Just have her hypnotized into thinking the "big looking" speakers are actually small. I mean this is powerful stuff right? :p:D