Dear Berkeley, CA.......

obieone
obieone Posts: 5,077
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Kindly go F*CK YOURSELVES!!!:mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327466,00.html
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
Post edited by obieone on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    DeMint said he will draft legislation to rescind any earmarks dedicated for the City of Berkeley in the recently passed appropriations bill — which his office tallied to value about $2.1 million. He said that any money taken back would be transferred to the Marines

I like the way this guy thinks.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Amen F1.

"The First Amendment gives the City of Berkeley the right to be idiotic, but from now on they should do it with their own money."

And they should not be reconsidered for any monies for some time as a penalty for thinking like a donkey. What the hell kind of message does that send to the citizens of that area? F that! F'n screwballs, they need to lay off the drugs.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited February 2008
    that berkeley really pisses me off. they should all just pack their bags and leave
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Kindly go F*CK YOURSELVES!!!:mad:

Yep. I have never liked the Berkeley "School of thought".
    Didn't even have to read the link to agree on this one.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Went to Berkeley to see the Smashing Pumpkins right before they parted ways....place is a shithole...bums and hippies ( Is there a difference ? ) walking around everywhere...parking lot smelled of urine.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    They asked President Bush today what he thought of Berkely. I felt he correctly conveyed the sentiments of most Americans especially me.

654fv7.jpg
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    I hope that pic isn't superimposed.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I hope that pic isn't superimposed.

He was just saying he was number 1
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    I really wish that place would get nuked. Unfortunately, the fallout would hit legitimate people too.........
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    LOL....great pic, Mac.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    What is mind-blowing to me is that there are a GROUP of people that are this ignorant, and that they are in charge of something besides a empty box of Frosted Flakes....
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited February 2008
    sure, kick out the marines and give that wacko group code pink anything they want. what a bunch of losers out there
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    I would mostly agree, but it is true that armed forces recruiting offices are widely known for their sleazebaggery when it comes to getting impressionable 18-20'ish people to join the force.

Outright lies, painting flowery pictures, high pressure salesman type tactics, etc.

A lot of people don't mind the idea of recruiters at all. At the same time, some of their tactics are equivalent to what many frown on when they see those same tactics being used by the Moonies, Hare Krishnas, Charles Manson wannabees, Heavens Gate, Peoples Temple, etc type groups
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    If a person or group is willing to suffer the consequences of their actions/decisions, to put themselves in harms way so to speak, than I can have some respect for that group even if I disagree with them.

That's what makes America great: the common dude willing to get his skull cracked or suffer financially in order to stand up for what he (or she) believes to be right.

But if a group needs to be subsidized, or is willing to change their beliefs because their beliefs may affect them financially, than I don't have much respect for that group.

It will be interesting to see what the Berkley group does now that their "beliefs" may have a financial penalty attached to them.
    Sal Palooza
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    I don't think the Rep. from S.C. is taking it far enough. All of the U of C campuses pull that ****. I think the feds should hold ALL of the $$$ slated for CA!
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited February 2008
    California >>> you
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited February 2008
    I'm ok with the Feds cutting off all funding to califorina, just as long as california can charge the rest of the nation tax for using its harbors. All your made in China goods are belong to California
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Phasearray wrote: »
    I'm ok with the Feds cutting off all funding to califorina, just as long as california can charge the rest of the nation tax for using its harbors. All your made in China goods are belong to California

Since when?

Is California a seperate nation or part of the USA? Nothing "belongs" to them.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    wizzy wrote: »
    I would mostly agree, but it is true that armed forces recruiting offices are widely known for their sleazebaggery when it comes to getting impressionable 18-20'ish people to join the force.

Outright lies, painting flowery pictures, high pressure salesman type tactics, etc.

A lot of people don't mind the idea of recruiters at all. At the same time, some of their tactics are equivalent to what many frown on when they see those same tactics being used by the Moonies, Hare Krishnas, Charles Manson wannabees, Heavens Gate, Peoples Temple, etc type groups

High pressure salesman type tactics......oh,you mean like the rest of the corporate head hunters use? Comparing the military recruiters to the list of wacko's you listed is insane,get a grip.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable