GPS devices for car

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Ok guys and gals, i'm looking for one. Dell has a decent selection and I prefer to go through them since I have a good amount of gift cards with Dell.

With that said, the first one that came to mind is the Garmin Nuvi 650. TomTom seems to be a good choice, just not sure what a comparable model would be.

Any ideas?

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2008
    I have a Navigon 7100, and really love it. My **** with the onboard NAV system in the Chrysler van was always the funky dialog ("make a right right turn" - WTF is that!?) and lack of map clarity when the roads got complicated. This thing goes into 3-D mode at ramps and major intersections and CLEARLY shows which lane to be in.

It also has lifetime connection to real-time traffic (works like a charm, I used it on a recent road trip) and Bluetooth hands-free cell phone capabilities (which I already had in my truck and love it too.)

It can be had for far less than the MSRP, so don't let that scare you off if you find the features appealing.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2008
    Can't go wrong with the Nuvi...I have the 660 and it's great. You won't be disappointed.
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Ok guys and gals, i'm looking for one. Dell has a decent selection and I prefer to go through them since I have a good amount of gift cards with Dell.

With that said, the first one that came to mind is the Garmin Nuvi 650. TomTom seems to be a good choice, just not sure what a comparable model would be.

Any ideas?

John

I am thinking to get that after Feb 11th also. If I don't like it I would simply return it. I'll keep you posted how it goes.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2008
    I've used a Garmin 350 for the last couple of years. It started out at $900 and the last I saw (discontinued for newer models now) one could be had for around $250. A nice unit if you can find one now at this price.