dorokusai Posts: 25,573
POLKFEST 2008 - BALTIMORE, MARYLAND - OCTOBER 17th & 18th - 10am thru 4pm

Polk Audio HQ
5601 Metro Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
(800) 377.7655
(410) 358.3500

MAPQUEST - POLK HQ

"I know you've been waiting patiently. At long last, I managed to pin down the genius (not Paul).

As promised, Polkfest 2008 will be in Baltimore. On Friday October 17th, we will expect to see you all at Polk Headquarters. On Saturday October 18th festivities will resume (continue) at a nearby location to be announced. On Sunday, you will go away.

Doro has kindly volunteered to herd the cats. I'll see if Hedy can arrange hotel deals. And I will recede into the shadows, letting Doro and you conspire. I expect you to leave B'more in the same shape you found it.

See you then.

Al
"

*POLKIES* If you didn't attend the last Polkfest HQ tour(2005), here's some of the things you'll see, like....

Club Polk members you've hated for years!
THE Customer Service team(Ken/Kim/Helen & Eric)
Engineering Department
Product Testing
Quality Control
Polk Anechoic Chamber (One place ALL your beloved products were/are tested)
Klipple Machine (NEAT!)
Enviromental Simulator (Testing)
Warehouse (You'll be ill when you see all the "extras" and stuff just sitting on the shelves)
The INCREDIBLE 12V/Car Audio Department, to include any current project cars and the sickest workshop you've ever seen
Polk Audio HQ Demo room and a host of informal testing and design rooms for car subwoofers, all the way to in-wall loudspeakers.....and the list goes on.

Each of these areas will be guided by a Polk Audio representative from that particular department. How cool is that!

I'll get some additional formal stuff posted in the next couple weeks, bear with me. At least a date has been set. - Mark(Doro)
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    AIRLINE FLIGHT INFORMATION:

There are three(3) major airports to choose from in the area. I will list them from BEST to WORST in regards to the logistics of Polkfest 2008.

Baltimore - Washington International (BWI) This is an excellent airport and is always my choice for travel in the CONUS. It's 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore and 35 minutes from Polk HQ.

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) This airport has come a long way in 10 years and has also revamped access to and from the terminals. It's 10 minutes from the heart of Washington, DC and <1 hour from Polk HQ.

Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
    This airport is not exactly convenient, ever, and has a bad reputation for long wait times. I would only choose this airport if the ticket was really cheap. It's about 90 minutes from Polk HQ.

www.hotwire.com
    www.travelocity.com
    www.cheaptickets.com

RENTAL CAR INFORMATION:

Please contact Warlocks1(Jeff) via PM/Email for the best rates in the local area.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    HOTEL INFORMATION:

I would suggest that Polkies stay around the BWI(Baltimore/Washington International) airport. This helps with coordination, not only for staying in the same hotel but with rental cars(rental and return) and eventual departure from the area. If you guys can get your act together, the rental car should be pretty cheap for 4 people. I'll work on getting some discount codes for this as well.

If you are driving down, over, or up...I'll leave it open for you to decide on the location for accomodations. If you have any direct questions concerning potential areas of concern, when it comes to hotels...just email myself or F1Nut for guidance.

www.hotels.com
    www.travelocity.com
    www.orbits.com
    www.expedia.com

I used www.hotels.com and searched for the area around BWI. These are just some suggestions, the rest is up to you.

NEAR BWI:

Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport
    1160 Winterson Rd
    Linthicum, MD 21090
    800-804-6835

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson - BWI Airport
    1717 W Nursery Rd
    Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
    800-804-6835

Four Points by Sheraton BWI Airport
    7032 Elm Rd
    Baltimore, MD 21240
    800-804-6835

Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport
    1671 W Nursery Rd
    Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
    800-804-6835

NEAR POLK HQ:

Hilton Pikesville
    1726 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, Maryland 21208
    1-410-653-1100 Fax: 1-410-415-6231

Ramada Inn
    1721 Reisterstown Road
    I-695 & Reisterstown Rd
    Pikesville, MD 21208 US
    Phone: 410-486-5600

If you want cheaper....it can be found.

If you want to stay AND do some sightseeing in the heart of Baltimore, MD....I suggest looking at hotels in the Inner Harbor area. Everything is basically within 20 miles of the airport so my suggestion is still the airport area.
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    ***Attendance Roster***

dorokusai - Present
    Russman - Present
    George Grand - Present
    DAGLJAM - Present
    Ricardo - Present
    Dkg999 - Present
    F1Nut - Present
    Hoosier21 - Present
    Reeltrouble1 - Present
    DarqueKnight - Present
    Vschneider
    Strong Bad
    Cfrizz +1
    Schwarcw
    Libertyc
    Amulford
    Heiney9
    Face
    Refefer
    Jstas +1
    Strider
    Ohskigod
    Fireman32
    Polrbehr
    Jtgranby
    Daboyz
    Lightman1
    Macleod +1
    Hearingimpared
    DisneyJoe7
    Clarknova_666 +1
    Dipiazza
    Jdhdiggs +2
    SCompRacer
    Kinetic
    Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Georgedaniel
    MillerLiteScott
    WWaldecker +1
    Beekyman
    Warlocks1
    Frank840 +1
    M00npie
    Dipole Dan
    Sprint Nextel(1)
    Cwhyte
    Big Mac
    Esavinon
    PolkClyde +1
    GBD
    BlueMDPicker +1
    Chargerman426
    Polk65

HALL OF SHAME ;)
    Grimster74
    BaggedLancer
    McLoki
    Janmike
    StereoLuver
    Shawn474
    DangerBoy
    Ben62670
    Beardog03
This discussion has been closed.