Snoring bug your wife?

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,982
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Ok, ok, ok....my wife tells me that when I sleep I snore. Of course I'm in denial of this because I don't hear it and sleep quite fine :D, especially after downing a couple of brewsky's.

I obviously snore 'cause sometimes she'll wake me up and tell me that I'm snoring. "Oh sorry dear". Then she wakes me up again which in MY mind, the total time elapsed is two seconds.....[according to her, it's been 5 minutes]....and tells me I'm snoring again. Well, I love her and I trust her, so I guess I snore while I sleep.

This I know, if my wife was sleeping beside me and she started snoring I'd donkey slap her. That crap would drive me BONKERS! So, in all good fairness I told her I would look into finding out possible solutions to cure me of what is causing her some sleepless nights.

That said, I know most of you fellas [and some of the women] on this forum snore while you sleep. So in some good clean fun I have some questions for you folks.

What would you do.............

1- Let the other half deal with it?
2- **** when she wakes you up?
3- Tell her/him to move to another room?
4- Get up and grab a beer?
5- Replace the complainer?
6- Find a solution to shut your honker up?
7- Move to the room with the blow up doll?
8- Put duct tape over the other half's ears?
9- Fill in your own suggestion...

I'm personally going for #6, but I have not one f'n clue as to where to start.
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2008
    Try those breathe right strips man, they work wonders for me, and I sound like a chain saw going all out normally....Seriously, I've woke myself up before...
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    2, 5, 8.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited January 2008
    I stay up listening to music, and make sure my wife falls sound asleep first. Then my buzz-saw doesn't wake her up.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2008
    Ok I try going to bed without the beer, I snore my wife says when I'm most tired. I don't or not too bad if I'm not really tired, so I'm thinking it's the beer. Or if you most drink, drink with her so she will snore also "Canceling your snore" :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2008
    I snore and my wife wears earplugs. Both of us sleep that way.
  • tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2008
    My wife is the one that snores and keeps me awake.
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2008
    I use option #2 which makes her leave the room. Problem solved.
    My wife snores too. When she does, option #2 still works in my favor.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2008
    My wife has suffered through my snoring problem for the past 20 years,,,I have been through two different sleep studies...that's different...I have had two surgeries to open up up my airways,plus open up the nostrals.

Nothing seems to help,I've tried the Breath Right strips,a formed mouth piece,a breathing machine...you effin' name it,I've tried it.

Now,my Doctor says I need to quite drinking soo much Beer,and all the cigarettes that I smoked over the years hasn't helped any either.

I have given up the smokes,buy there ain't no way in Hell I'm given up the cold Beer :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    Zzzzzzz! Zzzzzzzz! Zzzzzzzzz!!! :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Drinking doesn't help. I tend to only snore (at least, I've only been told I snore) when I've been drinking or when I sleep on my BACK.... so if you're a back sleeper try sleeping on your side or stomach and see if it helps.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2008
    If you sleep on your stomach, wear your boxers backwards, it gives the ether bunny easier access...:eek::D
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Drinking doesn't help. I tend to only snore (at least, I've only been told I snore) when I've been drinking or when I sleep on my BACK.... so if you're a back sleeper try sleeping on your side or stomach and see if it helps.
    This is very similar to what my wife says and when I am coherent enough to acknowledge her existence, I roll on my side. However, when I'm sleeping....in one ear, out the other without the [my] brain registering what is actually happening. Most of the time, I'm still lost in my dreams TOTALLY unaware of the surroundings around me. A freakin' bomb could go off and I wouldn't wake. Hell, just last night the smoke detector battery spent. "Beep" every minute or so. Did I hear it? HELL no. I slept like a rock. My wife? Didn't get a lick of sleep.

Lucky for me my wife says I'm polite and cooperative during these times [I wouldn't know], but the fact that it is a topic away from sleeping has me concerned for her.

Rolling on my side she says stops it, but how do I stop myself from laying on my back mid sleep? I have that "thing" [I don't know what the hell it's called] you put in between your legs, but that lasts about an hour or so. I'll try the nose strips and see what that does.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Rolling on my side she says stops it, but how do I stop myself from laying on my back mid sleep? I have that "thing" [I don't know what the hell it's called] you put in between your legs, but that lasts about an hour or so. I'll try the nose strips and see what that does.

Duct tape a tennis ball to the back of your t-shirt, pj top, or whatever you wear to bed. When you roll over on to your back, I guarantee you won't stay there long. Not very high tech but it works!

DJ
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited January 2008
    My wife is the one that snores, not me unless I have been drinking all night.
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited January 2008
    I snore like a runaway freight train! I usually go to bed later then the wife and if she's asleep before me then all is okay! Since I have quit smoking, my snoring has increased somewhat as my wife has woken me up in the middle of the night to tell me I am snoring!

I have to lose some weight and from what I have read that is probably the biggest aide to abating one's snoring. After that, I agree, strips are the next step. Surgery! :eek:

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited January 2008
    Mine just gave up complaining after she was caught snoring and 22 years, but I live with her talking in her sleep or slapping me in the arm to get my attention while she is talking in her sleep. I just tell her that she's talking in her sleep then she stop talking and goes back to sleep.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited January 2008
    Very simple solution Treitz, just leave Sparky on at about 3/4 volumn when you go to bed and the Mrs. won't even hear you snoring.:D
  • treitz3
    edited January 2008
    Ha! That would be heaven, but my neighbors would kill me! :eek: :D
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2008
    My snoring doesn't bug my girlfriend as much as it bugs my wife.