Time's 50 worst cars of all time

2»

Comments

• HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited January 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I heard rumor that some of them could flat out stomp a Corvette. Maybe not this year's version, but still IMO it should not have made the list.

193483.1.jpg

Not any of them....

Well ok....

a 78-82 vette
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2008
    my first car,,,,
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited January 2008
    my first car,,,,

I am still saving up for one of those.
  • cnjvh
    cnjvh Posts: 253
    edited January 2008
    My first car:

vanfire.jpg
    No earth robot is going to tell ME which button to press!!

--Stuff--
    Front: Polk Audio RTi12
    Center: Polk Audio CSi5
    Surrounds: Polk Audio RTi8 (x4)
    Sub: SVS PB10-ISD (Dual)
    AVR: Denon AVR-3805
    Blu-Ray: Panasonic BD30
    Display: Sony KDL-55NX720B
    STB: Xfinity X1DVR
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited January 2008
    My first car was a '67 MG Midget, "The Green Mamba". There is no reason that car shouldn't be on that list. It failed at every opportunity. All types of failures. Mechanical, electrical, environmental, structural. You name it, it failed.

I had one too, same experience. To really show my stupidity, I later bought an MGB. Thought it would be better. Boy was I wrong. The only cars I ever owned that I worked on all week in order to drive them on the weekend. Fun cars, but as reliable as a contractor you paid up front.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
    Amazing how successful the Brits were producing/selling their "classic" little absolute pieces of **** sports cars right up until the first Datsun 240Z came off the assembly line.

Goodbye English sports car dynasty. Almost overnight.

My cousin Blake, who I shared a house with on Long Island for awhile, bought a brand new MGB around 1970. I wish I had a dime for every time I had to hand push him in that piece of **** so that he could pop the clutch and go to work. We lived kind of at the bottom of a hill, so after awhile I just told him to go screw himself and start parking at the top of the hill.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,691
    edited January 2008
    I had a buddy who bought a brand-new TR7 in the early 80s. Had to learn to drive a 5-speed to get it home from the dealer. That car broke in colorful ways. My most salient memory was that the lights on the car were fused --- left and right. All the exterior lamps on the left on one fuse, all on the right on another. Brilliant (no pun intended).

Lucas, the prince of darkness...
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited January 2008
    What a crock-o-****!!!!

The list, that is.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    There are some cars on that list that are highly prized collector items...ie: the Chrysler Airflow. Some were ahead of their time and some under-appreciated and some don't deserve to be on the list.

Then again...one must consider the source. Time quit being relevant about much of anything years ago...and I certainly wouldn't consider them as a source for automotive information.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • 1fastz28
    1fastz28 Posts: 122
    edited January 2008
    I am so sorry.
    it was only a hundred bucks!
    setup
    Panasonic 46pz85
    Polk RTi A9's
    Polk CSi A6
    FXi A6's
    Energy s12.3 sub
    Denon 3808ci
    Pioneer elite dv-79
    Monster 1850
    Denon dp500m w/ grado green
    PS3,XBOX 360, NES
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited January 2008
    We owned a Pacer once.....kinda like wearing a space helmet. Unfortunately we lived in S. Cal. at the time. I have no idea what we ever did with that car. I also owned an '82 Cadillac El Dorado with that 8/6/4/2 engine. I did have it disabled on a mechanic's suggestion but don't remember ever having any issues with it. That was a nice car.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Like this one? There were some in my neighborhood that seemed like all window and when I rode in one back then, it felt like you were in a go-cart with windows that [with me being knee high to a duck back then] seemed to be three feet tall. Noisey SOB IIRC.

bubbler3.jpg

bubbler1.jpg

1975_amc_pacer_x.jpg

Ha! CNN Money tagged your car as "Nerdy". Here's a link. If you go down to the bottom of the writeup, you'll see another ranking of cars according to them including nerdy, unreliable, ugly dangerous....
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, except with a glass sunroof :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones