Bentley's continental flying spur sighting

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I was in a small neighborhood shopping complex last night and saw this car in the parking lot. Curious of a seeing a Bentley that looks like a 300, but longer wheel base. A young man came out from a juice shop and hopped in and drove away. Curiousity got me and I looked up the car information, and found out that it costs $170K to drive and own one. OK, it could be a lease, but still, a lot of money for a car. Gas mileage is 10 mpg Highway/ 17 mpg Freeway. Whoa...

Has anyone seen it before? or better yet, driven one? what is it like?

http://autos.yahoo.com/bentley_continental_flying_spur_sedan/
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2008
    While I was the first one on the forum to be oogling all over the 300, Bentley had the look goin on before Chrysler.......

I don't think that you're gonna find a Bentley dealership just handing out test drives.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • polkatese
    edited January 2008
    I am not a car buff by any stretch of imagination, but this car definitely make people look. The inside is amazingly like a cockpit, leather wrapped around the dashboard, etc. etc. No mistaking that the flying "B" logo has its own appeal.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    I doubt you can lease it either.I'll take an Aston Martin anyday over a Bently.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited January 2008
    I've seen a couple of these around town....but then, this is San Francisco, where Bentley sightings are quite regular.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2008
    There are a couple around here. I also did work for a guy who has one.

I was in a little ice cream shop in Ocean City Maryland one night with my family in August and there was this lady sitting down eating 2 large sundays by her self. She was wearing a winter jacket and a ski hat, remember it is August. I just chalked it up to her being a little wacko. She finished both sundays and went out side and got into a brand new convertible Bentley and drove off.

You just never know.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Took my 'pooter a while to pull the image up, so here's a pic of her. Haven't seen one around Charlotte [yet].

bentley_continentalflyingspur_sedan_2008_440x220.jpg?FLYSPUR2
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • polkatese
    edited January 2008
    That's the one. same color too. Are they available only in silver? not that it makes any difference.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2008
    polkatese wrote: »
    That's the one. same color too. Are they available only in silver? not that it makes any difference.

It's a Bentley. You can get it in purple with orange polka-dots if you want.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2008
    That is the one this guy I did work for has except in a deep blue color.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D