What has happened?

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Whats going on with this forum?

I have NEVER seen so much moderation in my life...

This place has become such a pain to read...

Threads getting locked, deleted, long time members banned - left and right

This is getting old..

Sure sure... "Just leave" -- well whatever... Ive been on this forum a LONG time and contributed a bunch ---

This forum is spiraling down hill, and fast...
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    I would reply in a manor that reflects my opinions Trey, but it seems we can't do that anymore and that's a shame.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited January 2008
    This forum use to be "Balls to the wall" --

If you're offended, you were told to leave or get over it...

The tone has changed so much... so many new faces, offering so so little...

Its like a 4 banger Honda... going 35, yet making noises as if it were going 120...

Oh well...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    so many new faces, offering so so little...
    Key words, yet they......................nevermind. :(
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    Why can't everyone just chill out, keep it somewhat pc, and talk audio? You've never seen 'so much moderation', because we have been allowed to run wild until recently. The moderation here is VERY tame, compared to any other corporate site.

Al Ballard made a post, and everyone was 'good' for what, 2 weeks? It's a bigger picture now - it's not the quiet, intimate setting that we all hung out in - it's franchised and worldwide now. Be happy for Polk Audio's success, and abide by the friggin' rules already. Is it THAT hard? So a member or two got a timeout, who cares, it's a timeout. Live your lives, listen to some tunes, get some cable risers, try a new cd.

It's not rocket surgery - right or wrong (in everyones mind), it's Polk's webspace and we are guests here. As much as Polk has done for it's following and forum membership, it suprises me that some of you would even question motives or decisions. Ask yourself if this was YOUR bread and butter, YOUR family's well being, YOUR family's dinner on the table, what would you allow? Some more than others, sure - just get back the basics, and have some (semi) clean fun. Is that too much to ask?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
This discussion has been closed.