LMAO: Office Depot

Sami
Sami Posts: 4,634
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Ok, so I order the LeapFrog IR repeater from Office Depot, and add $.29 worth of paper clips to get past the free shipping limit. Today I get a big box, with the paper clips inside with lots and lots of stuffing. LeapFrogs are shipping separate... :eek:
Post edited by Sami on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2008
    Pics?
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited January 2008
    Big business taking after it's big brother gov't.........:rolleyes:
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Pics?

Here we go (these photos are in no way altered, that tiny box was inside with the paper :D):

2226803675_8c24e0a1eb.jpg

2227594266_26c508a49c.jpg
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    haha been there done that. Ordered a CASE of paper and they shipped the paperclips in a box just like that. The case of paper had it's own bundling. :D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2008
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    Dude, that's like, wicked RETAHDED!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    i would complain that they got damaged in shipping and you need them to send a replacement.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    No wonder a bunch of their stores went out of business. I used to work for one back in 96. It opened and closed within 2 years.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited January 2008
    Love that HT sectional, about to get one like myself.;)
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    That is a waste. Ha ! Who runs that place?
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2008
    i would complain that they got damaged in shipping and you need them to send a replacement.

hahahahahahaha..
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2008
    That is great stuff!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited January 2008
    I once added a small eraser to a Staples order to be able to use a coupon. The next day I get a knock on the door and it's a Staples delivery guy hand delivering a single red eraser. He was back 2 days later with the memory I had ordered. I felt really bad.
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2008
    lomic wrote: »
    I once added a small eraser to a Staples order to be able to use a coupon. The next day I get a knock on the door and it's a Staples delivery guy hand delivering a single red eraser. He was back 2 days later with the memory I had ordered. I felt really bad.

That's awesome man, they actually sent someone out to deliver a damn eraser....:D

I ordered a single Feeler gauge from Snap-on's website, and three days later I have a local rep on my doorstep giving me 10 in a box....I tried to tell him I only wanted one, but he just said "well, that's what they sent me" haha I wish that happened when I got my ratcheting screwdriver....You can never have too many of those....
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited January 2008
    That's awesome man, they actually sent someone out to deliver a damn eraser....:D

Yeah, and to elaborate further, the eraser wasn't even in a box, so it wasn't as though he thought it could be something more if he hadn't read the invoice. He literally just handed my the eraser and had me sign for it.
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    hey, you do like good customer service right? then don't laugh.. if that's what it takes for them to sell you something. they'll do it.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Not to this extent, but Polk probably does the same thing with numbnuts that don't know what they are talking about or what they are doing for that matter. Customer support can be viewed in many ways. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited January 2008
    I once ordered three capacitors from Parts Express and they arrived in a HUGE box like the one Sami got. Why couldn't they just put it in a smaller box?
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited January 2008
    appadv wrote: »
    I once ordered three capacitors from Parts Express and they arrived in a HUGE box like the one Sami got. Why couldn't they just put it in a smaller box?

Could be they've had stuff get damaged in smaller boxes before. Could be they want to stock as few size boxes as possible to reduce inventory costs. Could be any number of things. It's still pretty funny though
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3