Resume

daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,207
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Can anyone suggest a good resume website. Preferrably free.

Thanks!
Post edited by daboyz on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited January 2008
    MS Word has a resume wizard. Suggestion on resumes is to make each resume pertinent to the job your applying for. Thing to are specific to the job you want. IE: machines, computers, software,etc that are used at the company you are applying. Trivial data that does not apply to the job can get your resume bypassed.

Good Luck,
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2008
    I second the resume tailored to the job and lots of rest prior the interview to be sharp. Word's resume wizard is adequate and present the resume on some decent, but not gaudy professional looking paper.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited January 2008
    MS Works has an even better resume builder than Word.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    I actually have a book that a professor wrote from my school. I read it and used the formatting techniques it suggested and it landed me 2 nice job offers on the first try. My friend just used it to restructure his resume, cover letter, references, etc and it just landed him a job as well. It gives you all the do's and the don'ts and it's very easy to read. Let me see if I can dig up the name for you.