Mike Kozak
Mike Kozak Posts: 931
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Post edited by Mike Kozak on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Who is Matthew Polk? and why would I want to read about him?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited January 2008
    Who is Matthew Polk? and why would I want to read about him?

He invented Polk-a-dots. Really nice rags to riches story
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited January 2008
    I've read that article before but it's always nice to re-visit.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Does he like to Polka dance?
  • Mike Kozak
    edited January 2008
    I think he is Polish??
  • Mike Kozak
    edited January 2008
    Has anyone heard Grand Funk Railroads Good Singin Good Playin CD? I had the Album way back in the day and am listening to the CD now, sounds groovy
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited January 2008
    I thought I saw him at the World Series of Polker
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited January 2008
    That was interesting reading; sounds like a regular d00d (that's a good thing)
    who knows what he's talking about (that's a good thing, too).

Kind of a shame, though, that the marine biology thing didn't work out; "SeaHunt" would probably still be on the air if it had and we'd probably be conversing with dolphins by now.

;)

All in all, not too shabby for somebody with a degree from Johns Hopkins.
    Sal Palooza
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited January 2008
    I have only read half of it so far. But seems like a decent read. Thanks for the link.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited January 2008
    Thanks

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Mike for posting that.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Mike Kozak
    edited January 2008
    you are all most welcome
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2008
    Isn't he the guy that married Pocahantas?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."