Ok Wendi

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 50,447
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Time to let BDT up for some air.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited January 2008
    My gawd ...... she's killed him !!!

:eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Yea we have only had the one post from him since he got back.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
    Nah. He's shopping, laundry, dusting, etc.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, it is kinda funny that we heard more from him when he was gone.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Nah. He's shopping, laundry, dusting, etc.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa Yeah he has to catch up!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2008
    it's been like prom night every night since he got home, no energy left to post

work it Troy
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2008
    Well, one thing I'll say for George, he ain't much for cleaning house!

Nah, just been putzing around doing paperwork on base for A. coming back and B. getting ready to go to Korea. Also been putzing around the house, cleaning and so forth.

Mostly though, just trying to get acclimated to civilization again. Seriously, it's like sensory overload just seeing things and people and everything. It just takes awhile to readjust. Well, that and Wendi has me working it like a full time job with mandatory overtime. Pretty soon, I'm going to need a popsicle stick and some rigging tape for support.

Oh, and I've been listening to some tuneage.

If you don't have the Japanese pressing of The Beatles Rubber Soul, you NEED to get this. The Gaucho pressing is DAMN good too but the original was no slouch.

Now, if you like opera, the Sheffield pressing of Leinsdorf's version of Ride of the Valkeryies is, well, phenomenal however, listening to Pavoratti sing Nessun Dorma in Turandot (Mehta/London) is probably the most moved I've been by music in a very very long time.

I'm still waiting for the Cisco pressing of Aja to compare to my MFSL pressing. The word is it's better and this I GOT to hear.

On the gear front, courtesy of hoosier21, I've got an oak pair of Amazing Silvers that are going into the living room. I'm still not sure what else is staying or going though.

So, when are you guys coming to visit??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    F HQ, I'm ready for another SC Polkfest. How's, say Monday sound for you?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    If you don't have the Japanese pressing of The Beatles Rubber Soul, you NEED to get this. The Gaucho pressing is DAMN good too but the original was no slouch.

On the gear front, courtesy of hoosier21, I've got an oak pair of Amazing Silvers that are going into the living room. I'm still not sure what else is staying or going though.

So, when are you guys coming to visit??

BDT

You just got that jonesing feeling in my gut going to purchase more music that I can't afford. I have some of what you talked about but now I need to do the search.

Glad you are getting readjusted and I look forward to seeing you.

BTW great grab from Russ.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote:

Sounds good. I've got a few days off saved up.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    Cool, we're off to a good start.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2008
    He didn't buy them from me, I was just the mule.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2008
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    He didn't buy them from me, I was just the mule.

If anyone could hide those Carver's in his gut, it would be Russ! :D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Troy are you going to be around for the NC meet?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

Sounds good, I'm ready to go.

I dunno about the NC thing. We'll see. To be honest, I've got about 12 weekends, I think, before I trip to Korea so my travel is going to be limited because, to be honest, I'd like to suck up as much at home time as possible. That said, you guys want to come down, bring it on. I'd love to do that.

I also know I owe some of you phone calls and so forth and I'll get to that soon. I haven't forgot about you guys, I've just been busy.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut