Polk Sda Srs 1.2 Wife.....

dustradio
dustradio Posts: 78
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Wife Says These Have To Go. A 3 Year Old Almost Pushed Them Over. What Are They Worth And How Can I Sell Them?
Post edited by dustradio on

Comments

• cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited January 2008
    A 3 year old kid? Try craigslist.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited January 2008
    Use some wall anchors to strap them to the wall.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Use some wall anchors to strap them to the wall.
    Isn't that 'child cruelty'?:eek:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Are you giving your child steroids like Chris Benoit did?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited January 2008
    For the love of God,keep the speaks:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    obieone wrote:

Nah...As long as you let them lose every now and then to go to the bathroom I'd call this method "good parenting". It beats getting rid of your speakers.

On a serious note...they are safer than any number of smaller speakers that a child could definitely pull/push/knock over. I doubt there is a three year old that could knock the 1.2s over, but they could definitely be anchored somehow...just in case :rolleyes: My guess we have a combination of an overprotective mom and a wife who thinks "little" speakers are "cute".
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2008
    I managed to keep my daughter from pushing over my m10's on stands at that age. I'm thinking there's other options before you got rid of them.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Tell your wife she has to go! Then ask her how that made her feel and then explain that the speakers feel the same way! That will change her mind.

Either that or do as others have said and put a leash on your kid just to keep them outta reach of the SDA's
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    obieone wrote: »

:p:p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2008
    Start pricing building materials to build yourself a "man room" that is off limits to wife/junior and leave the estimates laying around for her to find. I'm sure a compromise mentality will surface.

Another avenue would be to show her the new ad that just popped up on Craigslist in your area for the "Wife for Sale"...$50.....very good in bed, knows her way around the kitchen, but hates large speakers.:D
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    You can sell them by posting an ad on craigslist whereeverthef**kyouare. Or you can come here have the courtesy and respect to obey the rules, post 25 meaningful posts and then see if you can get anyone to trust you by post an ad in our flea market.

You don't seem to read very well because this is not the first time you've been told this.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    At some point, some members are going to have to realize that not everyone is here for the long term. If you can't direct them to the forum guidelines in an adult way, without foul language or thread crashing, you will be given an infraction from here on out.

You might even try answering their question and move on with your life. If it bothers you that much, simply keep an eye on it and respond appropriately.

Someone MIGHT be able to get a pair of Polk SDA SRS 1.2's, which I recall is most of your goals around here.....right?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited January 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    At some point, some members are going to have to realize that not everyone is here for the long term. If you can't direct them to the forum guidelines in an adult way, without foul language or thread crashing, you will be given an infraction from here on out.

You might even try answering their question and move on with your life. If it bothers you that much, simply keep an eye on it and respond appropriately.

Someone MIGHT be able to get a pair of Polk SDA SRS 1.2's, which I recall is most of your goals around here.....right?

Not Me:D

Jim
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    Whoooopah!
    x_man-evil_nun.png
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Where did you get that? LOL!
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    Doro's myspace page under 'fetish'
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Can't you just store them for a while until he's older?
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    I didn't know Polk had a myspace. Too bad they haven't logged in for a long time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2008
    I have a solution here.

I'll trade my m10b's that I know can't be killed by a 3 yr old (cause I know mine tried), for your srs's.

I get what I want, your wife gets what she wants, 2 out of 3 of us are happy, and that's a majority.

Did I mention those m10b's come with the honest to goodness factory Polk stands too?

Just a thought. :D;)
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    Is this 3 year old's name "Bam-Bam" by any chance?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!