Another PC article for Jesse

jdhdiggs
jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
This is just dumb:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325109,00.html :rolleyes:

Sorry Jesse, just had to get your blood up a bit. ;)
There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
Post edited by jdhdiggs on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like something from The Onion.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2008
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Sounds like something from The Onion.

I thought I was going to see them credited at the bottom of the article, that's f'in crazy.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    What about the dude in Jersey who got fined for using a racial slur? Now, yes I agree that it is an assinine thing to do---but being fined??? What happened to freedom of speech in this country?

No matter how stupid or assinine, we have a right to free speech, period.

There was also a story about a Missouri town that wanted to "ban" cursing. Being from Missouri, I'm embarrassed.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2008
    Steve, It's from the UK, you know, the place that mirrors the horrors of the US 15 years in the future if we continue down our current path. ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Steve, It's from the UK, you know, the place that mirrors the horrors of the US 15 years in the future if we continue down our current path. ;)

It amazes me that many of the writers who predicted and feared all these things - George Orwell, most notably - were FROM the UK. You'd think they would have paid attention.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited January 2008
    Blech!

what he said
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited January 2008
    That's pathetic.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

Don't you know it, this country needs to wake up.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    Completely fcuktarded
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    What about the dude in Jersey who got fined for using a racial slur? Now, yes I agree that it is an assinine thing to do---but being fined??? What happened to freedom of speech in this country?
    Shutup! Cracker **** cracker! :eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~