Where to buy car emblems and logos?

audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
As you can see in the picture I've attached, there is a plastic 'Jeep' logo that snaps into the hole in the center of my wheels. I noticed the other day that one of mine is missing. I have no idea how it popped out, as they're in there pretty tight. But regardless, now I need another one. I'm figuring the junkyard is probably as good a place as any to get something like that. Sound good?

Now, my friend has a '97 (I believe) BMW 318i and the the BMW logo has come off both the hood and the trunk. However, on his BMW, it appears as though there's a silver plastic 'plaque' that's popped onto the hood and the trunk, and then just a BMW sticker stuck to that. Is there a good place to buy just the sticker? Perhaps there's a place online that sells them? Any leads?

Thanks!
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2008
    You should be able to buy the cap for your wheel on Ebay. I lost one of those on my Durango a few years ago somehow and bought a set on the 'bay for pretty cheap.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    Call the dealer. If not try a google for OEM Jeep Parts (your town, NC.) (Close Major City, NC.)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited January 2008
    Wow, how do you have so little tread on that tire?

I'd recommend searching online or through eBay.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited January 2008
    Flea bay, a junkyard, or one of those hubcap stores. Don't go to the dealer. I'd bet they're gonna be $20, or even more for the center cap. When you get the new one put a dab or three of clear silicone on the outer rim of it, you won't lose it as easily. For the BMW logo, there may be some aftermarket place that does reproductions, but with licensing rights you may be stuck with the stealership.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2008
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited January 2008
    I got a couple of BMW emblems off e-bay that are original parts. I think it was about $30 for two shipped. Otherwise, check the group buy section on bimmerforums.com, there are specials on there every now and then.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2008
    Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I think I'll check out a junkyard for the Jeep first.

SBrown712 wrote:
    I got a couple of BMW emblems off e-bay that are original parts. I think it was about $30 for two shipped. Otherwise, check the group buy section on bimmerforums.com, there are specials on there every now and then.
    Thanks!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I think I'll check out a junkyard for the Jeep first.

Thanks!

You should leave your Jeep there.....take home something a bit nicer....
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure those German's make it fairly easy to get replacement emblems and logos, I'd try the dealer for those (I've done it before with no issues for BBS OEM fitted wheels on a VW, and the hood star for MBZ).
    Alea jacta est!
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2008
    You might try Tirerack for the Jeep Wheel emblem. I ordered wheels from them once for my 330i and they included BMW center caps for them.

You can get BMW emblems HERE.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,