I just found out a few players from our rival want to play for me instead.

Rivrrat
Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
I'm putting together our all star travel soccer team (U16 girls) and I invited an old player of mine from our rival region assuming they weren't going to have team (they barely had enough players to put a team togehter last fall).

Well they are, and not only her, but two of her friends want to play for me instead of their team. They went as far as to say the wouldn't play for that coach anymore.

I'm kind of surprised, this guy has some serious coaching credentials, and I know is probably a lot "nicer" than I am on the field, but I own him, he's never beaten me as long as I"ve had 11 players. I'm wondering if that's the reason for the uprising.

3 girls is 20% of the team he had last fall.
My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
Post edited by Rivrrat on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2008
    If you've owned this dude, then it sounds like you got the better credentials. Being nice alot of times doesn't cut it. You probably are harder on your team, but get the results. These players see that and want to win.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
    Vince Lombardi
    No excuses!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    sounds like a no brainer. there must be some reason they want to play with you and not the other guy. if its within the rules, let them play.

could be wrong, but hey, who knows :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like you are going to dominate again then! It's not your problem they want to play for you, that's just a compliment to you on the job that you have been doing. If the other guy was so great, they wouldn't consider playing for your team.

Have a great season!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2008
    So it is possible to get a girl to switch teams.... :D
    j/k
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2008
    Are you better looking that he is?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Rivrrat
    edited January 2008
    nadams wrote: »
    Are you better looking that he is?

I'm a short, fat, soon to be 49 yr old dad, but probably yes.:p
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2008
    LOL... well, you never know what girls are looking for these days :p

Gotta make you feel good, though... obviously you're a good coach, and these players are recognizing that
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2008
    They see the quality of your work and want to be a part of it. Good job!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Rivrrat
    edited January 2008
    The last time we played each other (a playoff game), we beat them for the 3rd time last season. After the game there were some girls crying, and the rest....Well if their eyes were lazer beams, I'd be cut to ribbons.

I guess some of them have gotten past the hatred state. :o