Mach 460?

POLKOROLLA
POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
edited January 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
Anybody done any work on a Mustang with the MACH system. My brother-in-law has a '00 Stang and the rear speakers are inop. I haven't really looked at it yet, but everything else is fine, and nothing has been altered. I know each of the rears has their own little amp. I'm not sure if those have crapped out, but even if they have it would seem very odd for them both to go at the same time. Any help/opinions/or harsh comments about MACH would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by POLKOROLLA on

Comments

• keith89
    keith89 Posts: 24
    edited January 2008
    POLKOROLLA wrote: »
    Anybody done any work on a Mustang with the MACH system. My brother-in-law has a '00 Stang and the rear speakers are inop. I haven't really looked at it yet, but everything else is fine, and nothing has been altered. I know each of the rears has their own little amp. I'm not sure if those have crapped out, but even if they have it would seem very odd for them both to go at the same time. Any help/opinions/or harsh comments about MACH would be greatly appreciated.

03 Cobra here...tore the mach 460 out completely. running polk sr6500 components up front powered by an alpine pdx-4.100 and have nothing in the back. Took out the rear sound board. Planning on a polk sr124 for my low end. Its a constant battle with my cobra. I want to complete the sound system(sub is the last thing), but I'm getting my supercharger ported this spring(which will cost more).

Had your brother in law swapped out the headunit? or is he still using the mach 460 headunit? If he has an aftermarket, make sure he hooked up the remote turn on wires for the rear amps otherwise they will not work. As for both rear amps crapping out at the same time, its rare but its happened. Try checking all the connections back there first.