sub problem

zzpolk
zzpolk Posts: 9
I recently bought the Rm7200 package. Initially I set it up using the LFE output on my receiver. The performance was pretty good, but i think that I lacked the mid range. So I attempted to hook-up the sub via the Polk preferred way. With the front speaker output sent to the sub and the front speakers wired to the sub. When I used this method I got no bass response at all. I did set the main's to large and sub-woofer to off (or main in the case of Yamaha terminology).

I am running a Yamaha HTR-5450 receiver. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to optimize my system's performance ?
Post edited by zzpolk on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited November 2002
    Bizarre.......sounds like you did all the right things. This is a standard speaker level input, with mains set to large, and sub set to no/off. Should direct everything to the sub and then the user selects the x-over at the sub.

I don't get it..........................anyone else?

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2002
    May be a bad resistor or circuit board behind the external l/r input connections. Need to remove the Amp and see if anything is burnt.

Just a thought?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2002
    use your remote, use set up and choose the option "both" for subwoofer, you'll probably get back in business.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2002
    but i think that I lacked the mid range. So I attempted to hook-up the sub via the Polk preferred way.
    Why did you want more midrange out of a sub for????
    LFE is the way to go. IMHO
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2002
    Originally posted by scottvamp

Why did you want more midrange out of a sub for????
    LFE is the way to go. IMHO

man, you need to read his post again...
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2002
    I read it the first time.
    Changing your sub from lfe to speaker level way is not going to improve your midrange.