Some "nifty" new technology from Microsoft!

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,806
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article3193480.ece

From the article:

Microsoft seeks patent for office 'spy' software

"...Microsoft is developing Big Brother-style software capable of remotely monitoring a worker’s productivity, physical wellbeing and competence.

The Times has seen a patent application filed by the company for a computer system that links workers to their computers via wireless sensors that measure their metabolism. The system would allow managers to monitor employees’ performance by measuring their heart rate, body temperature, movement, facial expression and blood pressure. Unions said they fear that employees could be dismissed on the basis of a computer’s assessment of their physiological state. ..."

Aside from having that "union" thing in there, consider the implications here. With the rising cost of health care and the desperate measures that companies are taking to curb it, this could very well become a disgusting reality.

I mean, imagine this. You go to lunch and have yourself a feast. When you come back, you are experiencing some gastrointestinal distress due to gas caused by that Big Bean Burrito with a side of two Meximelts with no Pico and a jumbo sized vat of Pepsi from Taco Bell that rounded out that lunch time feast and you get fired over round of playing your butt-trumpet and experiencing a bit of "stress" over trying to squeege one out without offending everyone within a 200 foot radius with the noxious emanations coming forth from your aft regions.

Yeah, that scenario is kinda far fetched but still, thanks for that keen idea there Microsoft, you're a pal. Just what I want to do at work everyday. Hook myself up to my computer to be monitored by a bunch of suits like a lab rat.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    Like we need more big brother.....they figured they havent pissed us off with their OS's enough yet ;)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited January 2008
    I saw this as well. Next will be a mouse that actually **** your finger to do blood analysis without you knowing.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    The internet **** industry could benefit from this as well...if the stealth mouse can interact and **** your finger for you...imagine if that same sensor that noticed you were stressed , noticed you were excited as well. :D

The under the desk subwoofer could very well get a complete makeover in the next few years. **** pop-up software writers could tap into that sensor as well...sensing excitment.....imagine what a barrage of uncalled for **** pop-ups could do then. ;)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2008
    Ok we need that nice. :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Less big brother......more TBT.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2008
    That should send employee morale to an all time high. :rolleyes: Can't wait till they start implanting chips and barcoding people at birth.

There are days when I long for the simpler times of yesteryear.

John
    No excuses!