Terrible Weekend Here In Bathurst

Paul in Canada
Paul in Canada Posts: 178
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
www.tsn.ca/headlines/news_story/?ID=227143

There are a lot of very sad faces around town.
Polk RTi 8's
Polk CSi 5
FXIA4"s
Outlaw Audio M200 x2
Denon AVR 2805
Sony CDP C345
Paradigm PW2200 Sub
Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
Post edited by Paul in Canada on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    So sad to hear this; our prayers with the families and friends.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited January 2008
    Very sad indeed.:(
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited January 2008
    Yesterday the city had a beautiful funeral for all seven young basketball players and today there was a private funeral for the coaches wife.

Yesterday the businesses in the city all closed for the funeral. The funeral was held at the local hockey arena which was packed with about 5000 people. I came home from work and started watching it on the TV but once the eulogies started I decided that I would just listen to the funeral on the radio in my office. I'm not a real emotional guy but listening to these young men's family talk about them got me pretty choked up. There has been a lot of very sad people in this area this past week.

It has been amazing the support that these families and the city has been getting from all over Canada. I heard that the Toronto Raptors basketball team had a moment of silence before one of there games. People from this area have been leaving their porch lights on all night as a show of support for the families and friends of the crash victims. There has been all kinds of gestures of support from all over the province. In such a sad time its nice to see that so many people from all over are touched by this crash.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08